The last two weeks have been very exciting for us. We had our baby showers! The first took place in CT, where my immediate family is from. Having a shower in CT also allowed many of my extended family members-including my Nana-to participate without having to drive 4.5 hours to Boston. It was a lovely, sunny day with lots of love and laughter. The theme was two peas in a pod, which was secretly what I wanted it to be! Take a look at some of the fun we had that day...
Of note in the pictures above:
1. The beautiful card my sister made me with a mama elephant and two twin babies. If you didn't know this already, I adore elephants and have collected them my whole life. Adorbs.
2. The cake. Need I say more?
3. The picture of my Nana and I. It's become one of my favorites of all time already.
4. The cupcakes at the bottom of the page, made by my niece Rye Bread, who is now 12. (I KNOW!) If you don't know this, she's the one I've been making all of the cakes for since she was born. So it was totally awesome that she made these for us. They say "Jack and Robert", which will be our boys' names.
5. The "two peas in a pod" made from a blanket and lots of diapers!
Our second shower, our MA shower, took place yesterday here in Boston at a local yacht club. It was thrown by my MIL and had a Mickey/nautical theme, since we got engaged at Disney and live on a boat. While this day was not very sunny, the room was still filled with lots of love and laughter. And really, who needs the sun when you have that to warm your heart?
Of note in the pictures above:
1. The picture at the top left, of B1 and I with his Grampie, who's just an awesome guy. This picture was taken for Jack's baby book, because Jack will have Grampie's middle name. In each of the boys' baby books, I'm putting pictures of the men they are named after, with little stories or notes about why we chose to honor them. Sadly, my Papa, Jack, is no longer with us, so I won't be able to put a current picture in there.
2. The Jack and Richard "Crew Since 2015" onsies, which doubled as a guest book.
3. The cake. Again, need I say more?
4. The picture of our Dads in the lower right hand side. Robert will be named after them...Robert is on the left, aka, Papa, and Grampie is on the right.
5. The "ship cake" made out of onsies. So cute.
White we didn't receive a few key items we registered for, we did get many wonderful (and cute!) presents that make us breath a little easier now. Unfortunately we have to return a few gifts which are too far away from what we registered for (I never understand why people don't buy from registries...it just causes more work for the person receiving the gift) or that just won't work with our current living situation. But we did get a few gift cards which will make our shopping easier, thank God. Now that the showers are over, I'm feeling less stressed out (party planning control freak over here! Yes, I admit it.) and am looking forward to organizing it all in the next month or so, once the nursery is ready.
Yes. We'll have a nursery. Yes, on the boat. :) I'll be sure to share the before, during and after pictures as B1 converts the back cabin into a baby wonderland.