Friday, November 07, 2014

Playlist: Labor & Delivery

What a whirlwind of a month it's been so far!  We started our "Prepared Childbirth" classes (what a joke-who's every prepared to push one baby out, let alone TWO!?!?), met the team of midwives at the hospital and toured the L&D floor.  I was also set to take my first breastfeeding class, but this week wiped me out completely, so I rescheduled.  Nonetheless, stuff is happening, and we're at 89 days, if I go full term.  Which, by the way, is not very likely (but we're praying!). 

After touring the hospital (and hearing and seeing newborns!) I've started thinking more seriously about what I'll put in my hospital bag.  (I'm going to start packing it very soon, just in case...)  One of the things that I know I want with us while we are killing time is music.  Mostly relaxing music, but probably also some upbeat songs that can energize us when we need it.  I just did a search for "Labor and delivery music" and see a few good ideas, but I thought maybe YOU had a couple of suggestions too.

I know most of you don't click over to comment often, and that's OK.  But if you DO have any favorites you think might be uplifting, relaxing or energizing, please consider leaving me a comment.  Even if it's anonymously.  :)

B1 and I thank you in advance.

3 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

Music is so personal so I'm not sure if what I would listen to while in labor would be something you would also enjoy. THAT SAID, I do have a playlist on Spotify that is only made up of sounds of the beach, because the beach is one of my Happiest Places. I wonder if the sound of the surf might help you relax?

Maggie Moo said...

I think so, yes. I'll be working on my playlists over the next week or so (b/c I was told to pack our L&D bag now!) and will look for some!

Holly Norberg said...

I don't have music suggestions although personally I like reggae so I think that'd be fun.. but make sure you pack.. phone chargers.. hair ties.. a small back massager and chapstick. The air in hospitals is super dry and will dry out your lips! I also took my own pillow bc it made me way more comfortable. Another thing one of the best pieces of advice I got was to buy super cheap jammies.. robe .. pillow case, .etc. Afterwards, leave them at the hospital... they will be gross anyway and you won't bring home any germs from the hospital with you this way. I also took a bag full of snacks and goodies to leave at the nurses station, alot of times they are working late hours and they will just love you if you leave them a small snack :)