Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Babymoon

This weekend B1 and I took our last vacation before we become parents of twin boys.  *Gulp*  The trendy term these days is "babymoon".  Truthfully, that terms seems silly to me, but really, I don't care what it was called because it was pure heaven.

Ever since I was little I wanted to go to the Poconos.  Specifically, I wanted to stay at the couples resort which had the champagne glass hot tubs in the rooms.  Those commercials seduced me as a child and it just always stuck in my head.  "One day I'll go there", I said.  And go there I did.

B1 and I always take a mini-vacation in December, usually to the mountains in New Hampshire.  Knowing that this year I'll likely be...unable to travel...we thought it would be fun to get away during Columbus Day weekend while I'm still fairly mobile.  Imagine my delight and surprise when I saw a Groupon for the very same resort I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO GO TO!  A quick call to B1 confirmed he had the time off, and it was booked.

The room offered was NOT a champagne room...but it was actually BETTER.  Why?  Because it had a POOL IN THE ROOM!  Yes.  A heated pool.  In. Our. Room.  In addition to a heart shaped whirlpool tub, a sauna and a fireplace.  Oh-and a round bed.

When I told B1 about all of these amenities he asked, "What kind of sex palace IS this?!"  But of course he said it was a smile.  I prefer to call it a lovers haven...

It was everything I'd hoped for and more.  All you can eat breakfast and dinner was included, along with all of the activities we wanted to participate in.  These included: archery, ice skating (yes, really), archery, pool, boating, ping pong, basketball, tennis, heated outdoor pools and hot tubs, indoor pools and hot tubs, and nightly entertainment.  We saw a live band and a comedian.  For an additional fee, we could have gone to the spa or gone horseback riding too.  But, with a pool and whirlpool tub in our room, we opted to use those amenities most of the time.


The resort is definitely in a time warp.  It was outdated but not run down.  Our room was clean though it probably could have been a tiny bit cleaner.  We knew going into this that would be the case though, so we weren't surprised or upset by any of this.  In fact, we were delighted and excited and we had such a marvelous time.  In fact, on our last morning, B1 didn't want to get up from the breakfast table because, "that means we have to leave".

What a perfect place for a babymoon.

No comments: