Thursday, September 25, 2014

The Wellness Wave=Progress

I've had a good week so far, and for that I am very thankful.  I've managed to do some major organization (mainly in the kitchen and dining areas), attend a class about breastfeeding, visit Ikea and Target, clean the bathroom and have dinner with a friend.  All in the same week.  For un-pregnant Maggie, this is pretty normal.  For pregnant Maggie?  Not so much.  I'm not silly enough to believe that my morning sickness and tiredness is over, but I am smart enough to take advantage of this little reprieve to get shit done!

Yesterday was an absolutely lovely day in Boston.  It's days like these that really make me appreciate the uniqueness of where we live.  Last night while cooking dinner, this was my view from the stove:


And if I go outside and stand in the cockpit of our boat, this is the view:

The Boston Garden and my favorite landmark, the Zakim Bridge.

That's the Old North Church on the left, and the famous clock tower next to it.   
I know that city life isn't for everyone-and I'm still in love with the woods-but man, I really, really love living here.  Especially with a view like this.

Oh!  Another thing I did this weekend was update my little garden inside.  Since I'm the only person in the world who can't keep air plants alive (?!?!), and this little terrarium came with an air plant, I decided to replace it with a succulent.  I thought this one looked quite pretty against the orange and the green, so I'm giving it a whirl.  So far, so good.  It makes me smile every time I'm at the stove:


Sadly, my other plant, along with our fruit hammock has been infested with spiders (ew!)



:)  The one thing I really miss about living in an apartment or house is the seasonal decorating.  It's pretty hard to do in such a small space, but I thought those little critters would add a little whimsy to our lives, and so far, they have.

I hope to ride this wave of wellness for as long as I can.  This weekend we have dinner plans with another couple, and next week I start knitting classes, in addition to choir practice.  Oh-I joined a church choir.  We'll see how long that lasts-I'm not sure I'll be feeling well enough in the coming months to venture out in the evenings, but for now, it'll be fun.  And it'll help me establish a position in the congregation where our children will be baptized in May.  Yes, it's already scheduled.  I'm trying to be as proactive as I can now, because I know once those little mangoes get here I won't have any time. :)

19 Weeks: Fraternal Mangoes


No comments: