Friday, September 19, 2014

Baby Wearing

Over the last couple of weeks we've been working on finding the best baby gear to add to our (not yet finished) baby registries.  It's so hard to know who's opinion to trust and what will work for us.  It's even harder to try to figure out which gear will work for us on the boat, with twins.  Luckily, there happens to be a blogging family who lives on a sailboat...with twins.  For the most part I've taken a lot of cues from the Mom and it's helped, but there are still quite a few things we're trying to navigate through.  Baby wearing is one of them.

My choices are plentiful.  I have ring slings (which I've chosen) and Moby wraps (also chosen for when they're newborn's) and hammocks (a little weird).  They come in pretty colors and patterns and seem to be very popular.  I'll be able to crisscross the babies on each shoulder with the ring slings, making it easier to carry them both at one time.

But for men, these options don't always seem to be appealing.  Mainly, I think, because the slings look pretty feminine.  I think B1 may break down and wear the Moby wrap though because it's the only way we'll have to carry both infants hands free until they can hold up their own heads.  99% of the backpack type carriers, which men seems to gravitate toward (from what I can see), only carry singletons.  We did find one, however, which seems like it'll work well called TwinTrexx.  It looks pretty versatile and gender neutral, and B1 seems to like it, so there's that.

Earlier today I emailed him to ask him if he made a decision on which baby carrier he wants...This is what you get when you have a silly husband:





Yep.  He's alllll mine ladies.  ;) 

Needless to say, we'll be getting the TwinTrexx...

No comments: