Wednesday, September 03, 2014

16 Weeks: Check In

How far along: 16 Weeks

Total weight gain: 3.2 pounds

Maternity clothes: Yes, and I am actively looking for more fall/winter clothes as we speak.

Sleep:  Usually about 8 hours.  I wish I could get 10.

Best moment of this week: Realizing the glucose test liquid wasn’t as horrible as everyone said it was.

Miss anything: Not worrying about every little thing that happens to me.

Size of babies: Avocados!
16 Weeks
Food cravings/aversions: Sadly, no.  Though I just found out I failed my 1 hour test, and have to take the 3 hour on Friday.  So if it ends up being that I have GD, then having no cravings will be a very good thing.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Less and less, thankfully.  I still have some aversions that pop up randomly and some smelly things still put me off, but I think I’m getting over this hump. (I just jinxed it!)

Have you started to show yet: Yes! I have a very pronounced “B” belly.  I wish it were cute and round like everyone else’s, but it’s mine and it’s growing!

Gender: I heard their little heartbeats yesterday and if old wives tales are valid, then we’re having two girls!

Labor signs: Thank God, no.

Belly button in or out: In!

Wedding rings on or off: On, but every now and then I have to take them off for a couple of hours to let the swelling go down.

Happy or moody most of the time: Up and down…

Looking forward to: Finding out if I have GD or not.  I take the 3 hour test on Friday morning.  I’m not really looking forward to this, per se, but I am looking forward to not having to worry about whether or not I have it.  Knowing is half the battle.


No comments: