Tuesday, August 12, 2014

13 Weeks


Tomorrow I'll be 13 weeks pregnant which will officially bring me into my 2nd trimester.  Already.  It's crazy how time has flown by.  And truthfully, even though I have morning sickness and my belly is growing (and I no longer fit into most of my clothes) it's still so unbelievable.

From 7-9 weeks I was taking pictures of my belly.  But because it was so early, there really wasn't a change.  At week 9 there was a little change, but even still, it was little.  However, over the last couple of weeks my belly has really popped and can visibly be seen by anyone who knows me.

I say that because I'm a plus size girl, and so my belly is never completely flat.  And to outsiders, I probably just look fatter than normal.  Which kinds of stinks, but you know what?  I don't care.  My babies are in there and that's the reason I'm growing.  And I'm so happy that it's begun.  Here is my week 13 picture:



It's amazing what pregnancy has done for my body image already.  Last week when we were taking our announcement photos, I noticed myself subconsciously trying to suck in my belly when the photos were about to be shot.  When I realized this, I remembered that my belly, for one thing, can't be sucked in anymore, but also that it is growing because of babies.  And it's now acceptable in societies eyes for me to have a belly. And I felt better about it then.

Which is sad.  Why aren't I-and thousands of other beautiful plus sized women-allowed to feel beautiful when we are without child?  And more importantly, why do I allow society to dictate how I feel about myself?  I really hope that I can remember this wisdom in a year.

1 comment:

Rob Hamel said...

You're allowed, and should be, happy and proud of your body, as should all people...

Here's to continued health and happiness...