Tuesday, July 15, 2014

I'm Pregnant With Twins

I just ordered two pair of these shoes:


Because you know, they're adorable.  But also because we need them for our pregnancy announcement, which we'll be sending out the first week of August.  Via email and Facebook...it will involve our feet in our boat shoes, along with two sets of baby boat shoes.  On our dock...possibly with the city behind us, if we can find the perfect spot.

I'm pretty excited about it.  Marking the end of my 1st trimester is cause enough for celebration, but being able to actually tell people in our lives that we're having a baby two babies is super exciting.  I'm looking forward to people knowing I'm having twins instead of them thinking I'm just getting a little fatter than I already am.

There will actually be two announcements.  One will be normal and that will be the one I'll use, and one will say, "We're gonna need a bigger boat" and that will be the one B1 uses.  I hate that quote and hate that I'll probably hear it 1000 times now that we're having twins.

"Oh, really?  Twins?!  That's great-you're gonna need a bigger boat!"  Har, har, har...

(I don't know why I hate it so much...I just do.  And pregnancy hormones make me hate it more!)

Anyway...

Tomorrow I hit the 9 week mark which means I'm SO CLOSE to the 2nd trimester (13 weeks).  They say I'll feel better then, and I'll be so angry if they're lying! :)  This has been a tough week and a half for me.  I'm sick all of the time and am exhausted but can't get to sleep early.  I can't eat much and am rarely hungry.  And apparently I don't like kiwi anymore, because I couldn't swallow it the other day.  But I love kiwi.  Pregnant Mags?  Not so much.

Such is life when you're pregnant with twins!

(Yes, I'm saying that a lot...I'm trying to get used to it!)

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

Those shoes are adorable! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Travis Cody said...

I just popped onto Feedly for my monthly review of old pals and saw this. Pam and I send our congratulations to you both for this wonderful adventure!

Rob Hamel said...

Wishing for health and happiness on your journey, Mags!

Melisa Wells said...

UM OHMYGOSH I'm just getting caught up here! Congratulations!!!!