Thursday, May 08, 2014

To Do:

Work is becoming increasingly stressful for me these days.  I keep trying to relax myself in many different ways, and by constantly reminding myself that this is just a job, not my real life.  My real life is floating in Boston Harbor with the love of my life and everything that encompasses.  But sometimes it's just really hard to get past the politics, the unknown and the bitchiness I am currently dealing with.  Today, the sunshine is helping, along with the memory of an impromptu date night in our dinghy last night...

I often find it hard to think of things that I'd like to do.  After work, tomorrow, next week...before I die.  It's really easy for me to get wrapped up in what I'm doing, or so overwhelmed with my present that I can't imagine my future.  So I thought I'd make a list.  Here, in no particular order and by no means complete, is a list of things I'd like to do.  Someday.

  • Swim with the dolphins.  Preferably in the wild while they were swimming by our boat.
  • Take a big chunk of time off with B1 to sail somewhere where the water is blue, the drinks are strong, and the sun it hot.
  • Visit Tahiti, Hawaii, US. Virgin Islands, Ireland, Spain, India, Italy, Greece, Germany...and so many more.
  • Learn to play the guitar and the piano.
  • Eat at Primo, Toro, The French Laundry, WD-50, and many more.
  • Visit Napa Valley
  • Own a bed and breakfast on the water
  • Write a cookbook
  • Go see the Vegas version of Cirque du Soleil
  • Zip line in Costa Rica
  • Go horseback riding on a beach
  • Take a road trip across the country, driving mostly on back roads.  Stopping to eat in little unknown places.  
  • Own a dog with B1.
  • Be known for one dish that no one can live without.
  • Dress up fancy and dine on a 6-8 course chef's tasting menu.  Somewhere.  And not care about the cost.
  • Live in a tiny cabin in the woods.  On a lake.  And grow some food.
  • Go skinny dipping at dusk.
  • Meet as many cool people as I can and become friends with them.
  • Truly forgive
  • Take a ride in a hot air balloon
  • Go on a real safari (as opposed to the one at Disney!)
  • Learn how to knit or crochet.  And enjoy it.
  • Attend the Boston Pops
  • Free summer flicks
  • Buy a stranger coffee
  • Learn to sail well enough that I can do it alone.  But still with B1.
  • Buy a kayak 
  • Take a horse drawn carriage ride through a city and not care about the cost.  Or the smell.
  • Memorize more recipes so I can make them without looking
  • Visit New Orleans (not during Mardi Gras) and Savannah.
  • Learn how to play poker.  Well.
  • Master the art of martini making
  • Murder mystery dinner.  Host or attend, either is fine!
  • Stay in an ice hotel
  • See a glacier in real life

No comments: