Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pumped (Or Not)

I know that in the past I've mentioned our head in passing but I haven't actually talked about it in depth.  That's because I kind of really hate our toilet.  It's one of these suckers:


A manual (hand pump) toilet which isn't connected to a water source and whose suction isn't all that great.  That means we use water jugs to fill the toilet before we do our business, then pump, then add more water, then pump again, then add a little more water.  It's a pain in the ass and sometimes I actually throw my hands in the air and exclaim that I don't have time for this shit.  Which is kind of funny when you think about it.  But it's a pain it the butt and it's old and we have toilet envy whenever we visit our friends and see their electric pump toilets.  And we're sick of having water jugs all over the small bathroom.

An aside.  The reason we unhooked the toilet from the water tank was because it was originally set up to use sea water instead of fresh water.  And if you've ever smelled sea water after it's been sitting for a little while, you know that all of those living organisms in there smell really REALLY bad after they die.  In fact, they smell far worse than anything we'd ever be putting into the toilet on our own.  Really.  So we opted for the fresh water jugs until we were able to replace the old toilet.

And that brings me to today.  Today we are buying a brandy new electric flush toilet!  Yippeeee!!!!

You do not know how much this excites me.  Not only will we not have to struggle to flush our toilet anymore, but we'll be hooking the (fresh) water back up to it and can eliminate the water jugs.  AND-and this is actually best of all-it's new, and clean and OURS.  No other tooshies have touched this toilet. 

Once we get the toilet installed, (and when I say we, I of course mean my super awesome, super talented, and super duper hot husband B1) we'll be re-doing almost the entire bathroom.  We'll be getting a new sink and mirror and I'll (yes really me) be tiling the backspash.  We'll (see my "we" comment above) be building a new counter to house the new sink-which will be higher than our current sink so we don't have to bend all the way over to wash or faces.  We're tall ones, B1 and I.

Even though only about 4 people I know and used to know still read this blog, I'll post some before and after pictures for your viewing pleasure.  Happy flushing!




1 comment:

Travis Cody said...

Good for you! I can't quite imagine what it's like to have to work so hard just to use a toilet.

And as a quite funny coincidence, word verification was esealid. HA!