Friday, June 14, 2013

Frustration Level: 10

On April 5th I was told I was going to be getting (another) promotion.  This time, it included managing the entire staff (as opposed to the 2 I already manage).  B1 and I went out to celebrate and I looked forward to finding out what my (hopefully) big raise would be.

As of today, the job is still not posted.  Yes, I have to apply and interview for my own job-which I've already been told I'm getting.

I understand there is a process, but I also understand that this has been well over 2 months and that I have no idea when I'll actually get my job.  In the meantime, the team has been told that there will be a new management position but not that it is going to be me.  So in the interim, it looks like I'm getting demoted to my current staff.  Which isn't really cool.

In addition, I don't know why my new salary is going to be, or when I can expect to see that income.  B1 is being laid off at the end of this month, and it would be nice to know how much will be coming in so we can make plans.  And also...it's sort of inconsiderate and rude of them to keep me waiting this long.  I know for a fact that they just sent the job over to HR last week.  LAST WEEK!  But they told me it was HR who was holding them up.  LIARS!

So I'm frustrated.  I posted my updated resume online and have already received 6 inquiries and invitations to interview.  I'm not going to wait around forever simply because it's not that important to them to follow through.  THEY make over $100K per year and don't have to worry about how much they making...Gah!  Frustrating.

Do you think I should talk with HR about this or ask for some retro pay?  I'm not ballsy enough to do that I don't think.

1 comment:

Travis Cody said...

If you have everything in writing about the promotion, then I think it's certainly reasonable to ask for a time frame on the process.