Friday, January 18, 2013

I Have No Title

It's horrible, but I don't have the energy to tell stories.  Our life on the boat is wonderful and mostly fun, but it's also very tiring.  There is always something to fix or update.  When you think you're done, you're not.  There are always new products to try (which are always expensive) or items you need (also very expensive).  There is no way we could have ever known just what we were getting into, and we're both still very happy we've made this step.  However we're still very green and learning as we go.  I'll reiterate what I said before: if you hate each other even a little bit, you can't do this.  There's just no way.  You're so close, physically, to each other that you just can't afford to dislike your partner.  I maintain that you shouldn't dislike your partner anyway, but you know what I mean.  B1 and I are both really good at being nice to each other, and we're both considerate of each others feelings, so it's working.  But we're tired.

My oven is installed and I've jumped right back into menu planning and cooking nightly.  It's been wonderful and I am so happy we made the purchase.  It was a big one-the most expensive thing (beside the boat) that we've ever bought together.  It was even more expensive than my wedding dress-which we also bought.  But it's gorgeous and makes yummy food and will allow us to have many friends over very soon. 

You can't be messy or lazy on a boat.  I have a habit of taking my work clothes off and changing into PJ's right when I get home.  I just love the feeling of PJ's after a day at work, what can I say?  But I also have the habit of dropping the clothes on the floor, right where I take them off, and they remain there for a couple of days until I put a whole bunch of stuff away.  I can't do this anymore.  Now I have to put them away in the bins immediately (or at least within an hour) or else the place feels like a bomb blew up.  Even if it's just one outfit from one person.  Right now there are several piles of my clothes on our "couch" because I moved them to our bed because I didn't put them away...it's too much!  I have to clean up tonight.

Except that there might be a pool party because it's Friday.  I told you that, right?  That there is a heated pool which opens every Friday evening and we all hang out and laugh and drink and share stories?  It's great fun most of the time and I'm actually hoping the pool is open tonight because my back is sore.  Because on Wednesday I took my first Tai Chi class with B1, which actually wasn't much Tai Chi but more kicking and stretching and being active.  So I need warm water to soak into my muscles and help them.

We have to fill up our water tanks too.  Toward the end of the week if I can't fill them on Wednesday, I always worry that one of us will run out of water in the shower.  Especially when we have lots of dishes that were done...which we did this week.  *sigh*

And we're going to Maryland this weekend for a birthday party for my cousin.  It will be nice to see him and to celebrate with my family, but I'm not looking to the drive.  I really just wish we had a whole weekend with nothing to do.  But my guess is that'll never happen again...or at least not for a long, long time.

2 comments:

Travis Cody said...

Busy is good, I suppose. Just don't forget to rest once in awhile.

Desert Songbird said...

I admire your commitment to boat-living. It's definitely not for the weak. :)