Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Brrrr

It's freezing. Not technically yet, but yowzers, it's COLD!  Our two heaters are working overtime and as I type this, I'm wearing fingerless gloves.  It hasn't been this uncomfortable before, but it's only 9 degrees out tonight, so I think we are getting a small taste of what the next two months will be like.  Good thing we like to snuggle!

I haven't been good at showing you around the place so far and I'm sorry for that.  The other day I cleaned out my "locker" and because I was so proud of it, I took a picture.  Riveting, I know, but it's a start, right?  I know some of you were curious about how we live and this shows where I keep all of my girly stuff.
This is my locker where I keep all of my jewelry and makeup and stuff.  It's all my own and it's a big space, which is quite a luxury here on the boat.  I just cleaned it, which is why it looks so clean and organized.  The silver backing is insulation.  Because it's cold outside and warm inside, condensation forms and everything gets wet.  So we line the lockers (and our bunk) with this insulation to keep it warm and also to minimize the condensation.

My pair wall.  (The card B1 gave me a while ago that says we make a great pear.) :)
Random picture of us being cute on New Year's Eve.
Happy New Year!  First night, 2013.  We wanted to wear fun hats, but it was too cold, so we wore them over our winter hats!
And cold pictures...
Winter sets in at the marina.  A thin layer of ice was on the rocks and on the water this morning when I walked to the car.

Thin layer of ice.

You can see it a little better from this view, I think.  Some of the ropes in other areas were surrounded by ice too.
The boat is all lit up (I think I mentioned this before-but it could have been on Facebook) for the holiday.  I would go take a picture of it from up top, but...well, see above.  (It's freezing.)  So I'll take a picture on the way in tomorrow and will share it soon.  I promise.

Does anyone have any questions about the boat and how we live?

2 comments:

Travis Cody said...

I'm having some trouble visualizing the size, even with the photographs you've shown. What's the square footage of living space?

Mags said...

Hi Trav! B1 says it's about 350 square feet. :)