Friday, December 28, 2012

Merry Christmas...a little late

Hello there!

I hope you all had a lovely holiday-whatever one you celebrate. We've been very, very busy...which is nothing new.  We had a battery problem which basically caused us to lose about $500 and the ability to use our water.  But we're on the way to getting it all fixed, and thanks to a few Christmas presents, we won't have to shell out as much money as we thought. 

I don't have the energy to write much (what's new?!) but thought I'd share a few pictures of the boat decorated for the holiday.  They are horrible pictures because the weather was bad, but it gives you the idea.  

Stocking hung by the lantern with care...that's our only big wall.  The lantern is coming down by the way, because I hate it.  Which I know is bad because it's expensive and brass and boaty, but I hate it.  Instead we're hanging B1's guitar there.  Which is far more "us" than this lantern.  And also, I never realized my stocking was so much bigger than B1's until this picture.

Our tree.  It's a real one and was originally about 5 feet tall, but we had to chop off the top because of the shrink wrap.  We also didn't use any of our "good" ornaments because it's outside (but inside the shrink wrap) and we wanted to see how they did...did they break with the rocking, etc.  Next year I think we'll use our real ones.  Which is good, because this one feels a bit...generic.  But oh!  Look at my new boots. :)  And also, our dead battery, which is 2 months old!  Yay!

And this is the boat all lit up.  We have the light going all the way up the boat, but I couldn't stand far back enough to get it all (without falling off of the dock) and the weather wasn't nice enough to walk up top to take it from afar.  But this gives you the idea of how cool we look. :)  Going over the bridge, it's our boat that stands out.  So everyone looking at the marina sees us.  It's fun.  Tourists must have pictures of her for sure.  Neat, huh?

That's all I've got for you now...except this:  May you have the happiest new year ever!

So long, 2012...you were good to me and I thank you!

2 comments:

Melisa said...

Happy New Year to you, too! I love keeping up with your boat life. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Travis Cody said...

That's so cool. I don't think I could live in such tight quarters, but some of the experiences you get to have are really neat.