Tuesday, October 02, 2012

We Got the Boat!!


In an amazing gesture of faith and kindness, the owners of the boat we wanted to buy offered to finance us so that we can pursue our dream of living on a boat.  It really is an amazing thing they are doing for us as no bank in the country finance loans for people who want to be live aboards.  We were slowly thinking that we'd have to put this off for a while so that we could save more money and fix some things on our credit so we could get a personal loan.  But we don't have to do that because we've got the loan.  And a dingy.  They are giving us a dingy.

We're just waiting on paperwork right now for the payment plan (already verbally agreed upon) and then we can go ahead with the survey.  We don't anticipate finding anything crazy from the survey, so we're pretty much there.  If everything goes to plan, we should be moving in by the first of November.

Adventure awaits...


(This was our last dance at our wedding...very fitting.)

5 comments:

Melisa said...

Congrats! That's awesome!

Carole K said...

Omg congrats! Very happy for you! I am so curious about what it would be like to live on a boat, I hope you will share more...what an awesome adventure! I am happy for you that you have found such happiness. :-)

Travis Cody said...

Outstanding! I've got my fingers crossed that all goes smoothly.

Mags said...

Thanks everyone! We're really excited. I'm a little nervous too, but it's a good nervous. Carole, I have a feeling this will push me back into blogging, which I'm also excited about. Either way though, I'll be sure to give updates and have pictures.

Desert Songbird said...

Yay! Heartiest congratulations. I hope it all works out!