Tuesday, August 14, 2012

One Month

I always wonder about bitchy people who say things like it "pains" them to read people's dumb status updates on Facebook. Because, um...don't read them. And also, your posting that complaint is dumb. And bitchy. And it makes me want to un-friend you. That's all I have to say about that.

Today, we're a month away from the wedding.  A MONTH!!!!  I can't wait.  It's been a long journey, and to be honest, I'm tired.  I don't want to do any more crafts or any more planning.  And I'm a planner, so you know it's bad.  It's overwhelming to have to keep track of all the little things that need to be done or made.  But we're slowly ticking them off the list.  And it feels good.

Yesterday while sitting in the laundromat, I made these Monkey Fists.  To give you some perspective on their size, they fit into the palm of my hand.  It's a fairly involved knot, but I have the hang of it now and can bang one out in about 10 minutes.  Which is good.  I have 12 - 15 to make.  They're part of the centerpieces that will go on each table...I might sell them after the wedding.  Believe it or not, people sell these on Etsy for a ridiculous amount of money.  And this is nice rope, too.


Next week B1 and I are having our joint bachelor/bachelorette ((bachelore(ette)) party.  We're heading out for dinner at a local brew pub downtown and then heading to a famous local drag show.  I can't tell you how excited I am!!  It is going to ROCK.

And I get to wear a tiara:

What's better than that??

1 comment:

Ivanhoe said...

Time sure flies! So happy for you guys :)
Enjoy your party! I had a tiara, too.
Hugs from Ohio,
I.