Monday, July 23, 2012

Blue & Yellow Make Green

I just ordered this beach cover up. I hope it looks good on me. I won't look like this chick, but hopefully I look good. What do you think? I think it's perfect for a cruise. (Though I'm totally wearing it before then!)

I woke up today in sort of a blue mood. I put an invitation out on Facebook for people to come to my birthday dinner on Friday and no one replied. Then I asked if anyone wanted to come to a football game with me on Saturday (which is my actual birthday) and again, no on replied. I felt a little sad because a couple of years back, I have what seemed like too many friends. I always had someone to do something with and people were asking me to do things with them. Then people moved, got different jobs or just disappeared. I need to make new friends. BUT when I got to work I had an email from one of my best friends that he was in fact able to make it to dinner and another email that my good co-worker friend and her boyfriend could make it now too. So now we're 7 people-much more fun for a birthday celebration than 4! Still, no one wants to come to the football game with me. Hopefully the nice people who were there last week will be there again, and they'll talk to me. I'm planning on bringing cupcakes (maybe) just in case they don't have a concession stand again, so I think that will help me make friends. :) I got to have pizza for lunch today with 2 new work friends. That was nice too. And B1 sent me an email wishing me a happy birthday week AND that he bought his shoes for the wedding. A good day indeed!

6 comments:

Desert Songbird said...

I think part of the problem is that people have a difficult time sending an RSVP these days. I don't get it. I don't like it, and I don't get it, but it seems to be an affliction these days, whether it be a simple party or a wedding or some other event. They just cannot seem to be bothered to respond. Weird.

Mags said...

I find it to be very odd indeed and also, very frustrating. Because I KNOW that some of these people know that they are coming, or not coming.

Is it laziness? Do they just not care? Because I can tell you if people show up that haven't RSVP'd they are totally paying for their own meals. LOL...jk. Sort of.

Mags said...

LOL-I thought you replied to a different post about the wedding. So that's where my "paying for their own meal" comment came in. :) Sorry! I should click over before repyling.

Ivanhoe said...

Hot! It will look great on you!

Turned out to be quite a good day, huh? I hope you have a wonderful birthday week, Mags!

Lauren said...

I love love love love it and it will look good on you!

Travis Cody said...

Happy birthday!