Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Buoy Shack

Craft Night


I was on the hunt for authentic lobster buoy's, as you know but didn't find any that were affordable enough to buy for the wedding.  Luckily I found these at Christmas Tree Shop for $5 each!  They're not exactly the shape I wanted, but they are wooden and heavy and so they'll fit the bill.  The stripes on the blue one were yellow, so I painted over them and made them coral.  And the white buoy was boring so I painted that whole thing coral and kept its navy blue stripes.  Once they are both complete, I'm thinking of painting "Mr." on the blue one and "Mrs." on the coral one and using them on our chairs at the sweetheart table.

Either that, or painting the date on them and putting them on the gift table with the lobster trap.  I don't quite know yet.  But it's fun to play around anyway.

I also wrapped that twine you see in the picture around a clear glass vase and attached a metal anchor to it.  My thought is that we can put candles in these and put them on the fireplace mantel at the reception.  I didn't quite love it though, so I'm going to work on it a little more and see how I can make them better.  I think the first step will be getting thicker twine or even a small gauge rope.  We'll see.

Tonight a friend of mine is coming over to help me cut the invitations.  Hopefully we'll get them all done tonight so I can start sticking them in the pockets.  I would be thrilled if I could have these all done by the end of next week.  Thrilled!

Tonight's dinner is pulled pork tacos.  I'm even using the small crock pot that we registered for and got!  It has ground chile's, garlic, bay leaves, cinnamon, pepper, a tiny splash of cider vinegar, honey and chicken stock in there right now.  I'm going to taste it in a little bit to see if I need to bump it up a bit.  Since it's new, you never know how it'll come out and 99% of the time, I tweak it to my liking.  But maybe I'll get lucky and this'll be the one that I don't have to tweak!  If it's good, I'll share. 

The recipe, that is...

I'd like to start visiting and commenting on blogs again.  The first step though, is blogging here regularly.  We'll see how that goes. :)

No comments: