Tuesday, February 07, 2012

There's No Place Like Home...

All is right with the world...my B1 is back home with me. And you know what? This weekend wasn't that bad. I did have trouble sleeping-I pretty much kept myself up until I literally couldn't keep my eyes open anymore and then fell into bed. It was fitful sleep, but I survived.

That's not to say I want him to go away all of the time! But it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Keeping busy is key.

My B1 is the sweetest man. He embraces my craziness and laughs at my obsession with all things sparkly. Like these shoes, for example:


They are fu-laaash-Y! And when I picked them up (as a joke) and carried them around the store B1 just smiled. And when I told him I was going to wear them instead of the other blue shoes I bought for our wedding, he said OK. And not in a skeptical kind of way...more like a "she's so crazy that she likes those ugly things but I love her so I'm going to agree with her" kind of way.

But he looked relieved when I told him I was kidding. I'm not opposed to sparkly shoes, but these are a little over the top.

Our 2-year anniversary is coming up soon. You might remember that last year we went to P-town to celebrate. This year, we're heading to Maine. I saw a Living Social deal for a two-night stay in a nice ocean side inn. Though it'll be cold, we might luck out and get sunny weather. And we don't really care about the cold. As long as we can explore, we're good.

One of the places we are going to try is a place called Conti's. Anthony Bourdain went there on one of the best shows I've seen of his. It's this crazy broken down shack (though it just moved to this house...less broken down) with junk stacked up inside and a crazy, crazy old man who cooks.
It's just so odd and cooky that we have to try it. There are mixed reviews on the food-but all say it's super fresh seafood with lots of garlic....which is kind of right up my alley. And, if nothing else, it'll make for a fun story.

2 comments:

LceeL said...

Yay for the FRESH seafood with the garlic!!! Just don't breathe on anybody, 'K?

Mags said...

:) The only person I'd be breathing on will also smell of garlic. So it's OK. ;)