Saturday, January 21, 2012

Life Update by Mags

Hello again! I don't know if I should post this, mainly because you might start getting used to it again! :)

Let me catch you up on my life, since I've been gone a while:

B1 is still the best thing that has ever happened to me. He continues to be the most wonderful, caring man I have ever met and he continues to make me smile everyday. Even on the hard days, which says a lot. We're still disgustingly in love and we still make people gag. :)

In October, B1 proposed! We were at the Magic Kingdom, my happy place, in front of Cinderella's Castle and he asked me to marry him! Before vacation I had hoped it would happen, but I wasn't getting my hopes up...so I was THRILLED to death when he asked. I still sometimes look at him and can't believe we're going to be spend the rest of our lives together.

We're planning a September 2012 wedding in a small beach town in here in MA. Our ceremony will hopefully take place on the a small private beach which overlooks jagged rocks and a lighthouse. It's ridiculously beautiful. The reception will be down the street at a lovely restaurant with 3 of its 4 walls being glass. It overlooks the harbor and many colorful sailboats. It also has a stone fireplace.

After the wedding we are planning on living on a boat, which we will purchase hopefully soon after the season ends this summer, but if not, next season. We'll do this year round...yes, even in the winter. Yes, we realize we're a little nuts, but we're nuts together, so we're OK with it.

We've decided on what we'd like to do with the rest of our life and it involves a BIG boat which we will own. More on that in the coming years...

My back continues to be a huge problem. I tried suing our landlord for the horrible condition of the stairs only to find out that their insurance doesn't cover accidents, only fire. And that is OK because MA only requires them to have fire insurance. So I could sue them directly, but no lawyer will take the case b/c it's not a guarantee that they have money, and the lawyers don't get paid unless I win money. I've been getting cortisone injections in my back and they've been helping with the pain, but the discs have actually gotten worse over the last year. I am currently in PT again and he thinks he can help but if not, I will have to have surgery. I'm willing to be in pain from PT if it means no surgery. We'll see how that goes!

And then there's work...you know about that from the post yesterday! It's great. :)

2 comments:

Travis Cody said...

Congratulations on your engagement! This boat idea is intriguing.

Melisa Wells said...

Your dual blog life is going to be very entertaining for me. :)