Wednesday, January 25, 2012

It's Here!

In an ironic twist, I was notified yesterday that my wedding dress has arrived!  I received a message last night that it's been 14 days and "at this point" they need to hear from me or else "the dress will be returned to home office".  Wow.  That's nuts, considering I've never been contacted that my dress had arrived.  Also, I was told when I purchased the dress (which is paid in full, by the way) that it wouldn't be delivered until March.  So, it's here. 

Am I excited about this? Yes.  But I haven't had time to mentally prepare for it.  I know that sounds weird, but I've been thinking about it and talking about it since it was purchased and now it's really real.  I will, as of tonight, have in my possession, the dress I will wear when I marry the man of my dreams, the love of my life.  It's real.

Not that, you know, it wasn't before.  But as we slowly start collecting "stuff" for our wedding, I look at the piles and know that it's really going to happen.  People are going to gather to celebrate our love with us, and we will be legally husband and wife.  I will take his name.  We will be bound in the eyes of the government and the Gods of the Sea.  It's pretty awesome.

And also, I'm worried that I might put it on everyday until September 14th.  I have to exercise self-control.  At least after this week...a girl does need some time to twirl in her pretty dress, right?

For those (2) of you who read my other non-secret blog, I'm sorry but this sort of post is being posted there in just a few minutes too...no diversity today, I know...

2 comments:

LceeL said...

That's wonderful. Congratulations.

If you need anything (knitted, crocheted, etc.) just let me and Grannie know.

Travis Cody said...

The reality in our minds often needs the reality of our senses to actually become real. Right?

You know the wedding is going to happen and that's one reality. But seeing the dress every day solidifies it into the reality that can be sensed every day...seen and touched.

And yes, go ahead and twirl in your pretty dress if you want! The whole process of a wedding, from proposal to ceremony, is the event and what you do in between is all part of it. That's what makes all of the memory you keep through the years.