Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head (They Keep Fallin')

Today is not the best day for me to have forgotten my umbrella.  The severe thunder storms they predicted would start after 3pm today actually started around 8:59am...at exactly the moment I was supposed to get out of my little black car and walk across campus to my office.

Cats and dogs people.  Not fun!  Luckily my meeting doesn't start until 9:30am so I was able to sit in the car for a bit to wait to see if it passed.  It didn't 100% stop, but there was a brief period when the down pouring stopped and I ran to dryness. 

Is that a word?  Spell check didn't poo poo it.

Anyway...

Last night B1 and I went to a Sox game.  We sat in the bleachers, which was new to me.  I liked the seats themselves but I learned something the hard way:  Bleacher seats are NOT the place you go to actually watch a game.  The people there really could care less about the baseball game they came to "watch".  It made me sad.  There were a few times when we had a good play and I felt like I was the only one clapping.  It was a nice night and I was with B1 (and there was a funny section of time where pink balloons were coming out of our section like crazy and the cop was perplexed) so it wasn't a total loss, but I really feel like I wasted my money.  I could have just watched that on TV.  Next time we're going back to standing room or expensiver seats.  (That word did NOT make it through spell check!)

Off to a meeting-have a great day everyone!

3 comments:

"Lois Grebowski" said...

Huge downpours alway hit me at the wrong moment -- when I'm getting into/out of the car or when I'm toting something VERY important, or when I drop tons of stuff, and have to pick it all up. Why is that?

Sorry you had cruddy seats... Next time should be better.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

HEY MAGS!

Any live baseball is great, though I get your frustration

Desert Songbird said...

I'm not a baseball fan, but the few times I've attended, I sat in both regular seats and the bleachers. I agree - the bleachers are were less interested people sit. It's a good place for families with small kids who fidget a lot.