Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Zonked

Let me first start this post by telling you that I am exhausted! This has been a jam packed weekend...but a good one. I got some quality B1 time in AND got to hang out with my sisters AND got some sun and water. Oh-AND had a BBQ. See? Busy.

It started out with a drive to the new marina with B1 to see the slip where the boat will be housed (hopefully soon!). It was such a nice day we drove with the top down around the city and ended up in East Boston where we might end up living next year. This would be the view from the house we might buy next year (if it's still for sale):


Awesome, no? It's so awesome b/c this is the house:


Yes, it's a floating house! In April B1 told me about how the owner dropped the price again. I told him that when it hit a certain price, we could go to the bank. The stipulation was that he couldn't talk her down to the price I mentioned. That night (I think) he went home and contacted the owner to find out if she'd rent it to us for a while. She said no but he keeps an eye on it. Last week I mentioned how it was odd that he hadn't taken me to see it in person so when we started driving toward this area, I smiled to myself b/c I knew where we were headed. I kind of really liked it. And the view! Holy moly! And there's a park right next door. Which is kind of the perfect place to have our wedding.

Stop-don't freak out-nothing happened...we just know we want to get married outside, near water and hopefully with a view of Boston in the background.

The minute I walked into the park I could envision the tent and the lanterns in the trees and the lights and the pretty people mingling over cocktails.
The fog rolled in pretty good-but honestly-that's Boston!

It only costs $100 to rent, too! Why? Well, b/c you can't serve alcohol there. So having a wedding reception there would kind of be a drag for the guests...but man-it's so perfect! Green space, trees, water, boats, and Boston. *sigh*

Sunday we drove down to CT for a family picnic. We had TONS of food, beer, sangria, tequila, the pool and a fire. We played Boccie and wiffle ball-oh-and drinking games, which was fun! We also had the first bonfire of the season (for B1 and I anyway). It was loads of fun. When we woke up the next morning I saw this:

These are the shoes of my sisters boyfriend. B1 left him a little surprise for when he woke up. Hysterical.

Yesterday we stopped in Newport to pick up the rigging for the boat and then went to hang out on the dock. (LOL...I just wrote a funny typo..) We put dangled our feet in the cool water, ate sandwiches and drank a few beers. It was very relaxing and nice to just sit there with B1.

Needless to say, I dropped quickly when I went to bed. Truth be told, I'm still majorly exhausted. We have a Red Sox game tonight though, so hopefully I won't drop before it's over!

What did you do this weekend?







4 comments:

LceeL said...

The park is very pretty - but the floating house is amazing!!! That is SOOOO cool.

Mrs. OrioleGal9 said...

Sounds like a great weekend! And who wouldn't want to live in a floating house, so cool. And the park...one word...perfect!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I think I know that house! I know the park for sure.

Would be lovely if it works for y'all

So glad you are smiling every day

"Lois Grebowski" said...

OOH, I really really like that houseboat! Yes, it would be sooo cool!

I got to see my boss, I mean my grandbaby...Hahahahahahaha!