Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cookbook

Some of you (who *might* still be reading) are friends with me on Facebook and I think it was there I announced that I am writing a cookbook. I have all of the recipes already-many of them are recipes from when I was a private chef last year-so that part won't be too terribly hard to pull together. It's the photos that will be difficult for me. I don't want the book to look amateurish. I'm not going to a traditional publisher but instead an online bookmaking site...so nice pictures will be imperative. So far, I have this one for my Thai Shrimp recipe:



I'm happy with it. I waited for a sunny day so I could use natural light and I set up my tripod and played with the settings on the camera. I took probably about 75 photos of this one plate from many different angles. All but about 3 of them were duds. I'm happy I got one that I like!

So that's where I am in the cookbook process. I'm compiling recipes, cooking and taking pictures. Maybe once the sun comes out in New England the pace will pick up a bit!

5 comments:

"Lois Grebowski" said...

ooh! I can't wait!!!!!

"Lois Grebowski" said...

If sunshine doesn't come as quickly as you want, try an Ott lite.

LceeL said...

Put me down for an autographed copy. :)

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Put me down for one please

Travis Cody said...

Don't be afraid to go with artificial lighting. Sometimes it really does enhance the subject, if you can figure out how to do it.

Good luck!