Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Update

B1 brought me flower last week. Bright sunny mums that brighten our office. I clipped a little bunch to put on our kitchen table. The elephants are also from B1-they were a valentine's day gift...

I've been ticking along on the diet, though I blew it last night when we went to meet my good friend Terri who dropped in for a few hours from Florida. I've been eating the menu for breakfast, snacks and lunch and then I make dinner for B1 and I at home. I typically use a Cooking Light or Weight Watchers recipe.

Monday night's dinner:

Seared tuna (with coriander & thyme) over garlic spinach with roasted tomatoes and potato wedges. Quite tasty and good for us too!

Tuesday night was sweet and sour pork:



Thin strips of pork, sherry, snow peas, pineapple and red peppers. Ginger, garlic and soy sauce made up the flavoring. Very yummy!

I am thinking about maybe leaving my current position at work. I haven't been really happy there for a little while mainly because of one coworker but recently it's grown to the fact that I don't have enough to do. The duties in our office are so skewed that some people have too much and others, like me, have nothing. I've spoken up way too many times but nothing ever happens. In fact, we had a new girl start this week and she's being given some of the tasks. I've always felt like I had to fight for what I do and had to protect everything because that coworker would take it. It's fairly ridiculous and it's getting tiring.

There is another position open in another area of the school. I'm very interested in it, but I'm not 100% sure I'm qualified. I don't know if I should ask HR about it though-I don't want to jeopardize my current job if I don't have to. Anyway, I have a lot to think about. I don't want to be unhappy at work. I spend too much time there. We'll see...

I'm scheduled to get an MRI tomorrow night. I went to see the orthopedic doctor and he feels I do indeed have a budging disk. If it shows up on the MRI I might go forward with Cortisone injections to stop the swelling and to get that sucker back in place.

So there it is-an update on me. It's not a flowery update with lots of pretty words, but it's a start, right?

4 comments:

Rocketstar said...

B1, continues to be a keeper, nice.

It's too bad you do not have a better relationship with your boss that you can not tell him about it. He should be supportive in your growth.

LceeL said...

I hope your back gets better. There's nothing that's harder to deal with than a persistent sore back.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Most companies (I know this is a school) would rather hire from within, so I can not see why your speaking to HR would jeopardize your current position.

"Lois Grebowski" said...

I second Vinny about hiring from within. Plus, if it's new job duties it would be more challenging. I would go for it.

Hope you find the source of your pain... and it's fixable.