Saturday, April 02, 2011

Kumquat Say What?

Official diet day 1...breakfast. Not too shabby.

Have you ever had a kumquat? I hadn't until last week. They were on sale at Whole Foods and I was intrigued. I wasn't quite ready for the super sour squirt of juice that hits you when you bit into the little fruit. At first, I hated it-and then an instant later the sweetness of the rind hit me and I loved it. I craved them all day after that first taste. The thing is, after a day or so of eating them, I was done. I think I overdid it that first day.

In other news, Bella-boo says "Hi!"

6 comments:

flipper said...

it is the fruit u eat with the skin on? is so, a few months ago i was getting my nails done, the chinese man who didnt speak english came over to me while i was at the dryer, he showed me this fruit, and put on in my month lol. weird. but so yummy. keep forgetting to go look for em

SilverNeurotic said...

I don't think I've ever seen a kumquat before. I don't think they sell them around here unless they have them at a specialty shop or something.

Mags said...

Lash-yes. You just pop 'em in your mouth.

"Lois Grebowski" said...

Bella is a beautiful young ladycat!

Is it citrusy-like in flavor?

Rocketstar said...

Looks delicious

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

never had one...never