Thursday, March 31, 2011

Love, P-Town Style...Well, Kind Of

I can't believe it...it's already been a year since I met the man of my dreams-the man who makes me feel like I'm the prettiest girl in the world and who picks me up when I am feeling down. One year. It feels like longer...and yet, not.

I've had a lot of ups and downs this past year and he's stood by me every step of the way. I don't know why, but I'm grateful that he stuck it out and that he loves me even though I'm very imperfect.

I love so many different things about him-his heart, his spirit, his brain...his crooked smile and bear hugs, his whispers and his jokes. He's so much more than I ever though he could be and sometimes I just look at him and smile because he's mine. And I'm his. And we're crazy in love. And that's a wonderful thing.

To celebrate our anniversary, B1 and I took a trip to Provincetown. I took Friday off and we meandered our way to the Cape via back roads, stopping whenever we felt like it to eat lunch

Stuffed Quahogs and Chowder


Couldn't finish it all...had to give it to B1.


and to enjoy the scenery...

Just cool

This sign was in the ladies room at a state park-it was so oddly placed I had to wait for a lady to finish peeing so I could take a picture of it.







He's bad ass...or not.



I see hearts






"Clamikin" :)


The majority of P-town closes down for the winter and doesn't open until this weekend. We knew that our time there would be sleepy and quiet and we were more than OK with that. We both love the ocean and just being near the water was enough for us. Our first night we had a casual dinner at a local pub and then walked back to our (upgraded) room hand in hand. The rest of the night was spent lying in bed watching the fire and listening to the wind.

It was heavenly.
In love and nowhere to be


The next day we slept in and had breakfast at the inn. The food was served in a free standing room in the backyard. It had high ceilings with exposed wood beams, lots of windows which allowed the sun to pour through and a wood burning stove. Breakfast was simple, (bagels, muffins, hard boiled eggs, cereal/fruit and of course coffee and juice) but perfect. We sat and talked to the other guests and afterward, sat and enjoyed a second cup of coffee on the love seat after everyone else left. I was in heaven.

After breakfast we went back to the room to relax and shower before heading out for the day. Our car was parked the entire weekend so we walked everywhere. We check out the shops that were open, had lunch and roamed around the residential areas. And of course, we looked at the boats. :)







I loved our weekend away and was very sad when it was over. It's so nice to be cut off from the rest of the world-no phones, no computers..just B1 and I wrapped up in our own little world of love. It's wonderful.


If this year was this good-I can only imagine how the rest of our lives are going to be...

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Very, very cool! Happy anniversary.

I have been longing for a weekend like that with Hubby. But life keeps getting in the way. Don't let that happen to you. Keep the passion alive, don't get comfortable and don't take anything for granted.

Just saying!

"Lois Grebowski" said...

Rest of our lives? Did soemthing happen on that trip?

My favorite pic is of you two with nowhere to go. It's got a sense of playfulness.

LceeL said...

Yes. I, too, like that 'rest of our lives' mention at the end of the post. What do you have cookin', girl?

Mags said...

Oh...ha, ha, ha...trust me-when B1 formally asks me to marry him, YOU"LL KNOW!! :)

But we know we're getting married. So that's where the "rest of our lives" thing came from.

Desert Songbird said...

Congratulations on your marking one year together. Your weekend looks wonderful and romantic. :) Just perfect.