Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Afghan

There are many things I've always loved about blogging, but the very best thing has been meeting new people and making new friends. Last year you might recall that I took my first trip to Chicago. While there, I got to spend time with my friend Mo:

to stalk a blogger I've been quietly reading for years and to meet Melisa:

and Lou:
I had such a wonderful time and can't wait to go back. Do you remember that Lou's mother "Grannie" knitted Melisa and I hats?

Before my trip I was looking for a cute hat on Etsy and ended up getting something that looked completely different than it did on the website. Lou and Grannie came to my rescue and gifted me the lovely black hat shown above. It's still my very favorite winter hat and I get many compliments on it whenever I wear it.

Last month when I was having a really hard time and was particularly down and out about my injury, Lou contacted me to tell me that Grannie wanted to make me a gift. She wanted to make me an afghan. Of course, I was touched that they both wanted to make me smile and I was psyched because I love handmade things. Especially when they are made with love. It's been a few weeks since I received their lovely gift and it's brought me a lot of comfort when I've been feeling the worst. It's just the right size and it's soft and warm and I'm so grateful for the friendship that created it.

Thank you Grannie, and thank you Lou. Your kindness has touched my heart and it means more to me than you'll ever know.

4 comments:

"Lois Grebowski" said...

A hug made from yarn and love...

Melisa with one S said...

That was such a fun day. :)
And my gray hat is MY fave winter hat, too!

P.S. Come back.

Mags said...

Lois: Yarn and love...yup!

Melisa: OK!

LceeL said...

I sent Grannie a link to this post so she could read the whole thing herself - rather than have her depend on ME to tell her what you said. She said, after reading your post, "That made all the hard work worth it."

:)