Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday. Yeah-Creative Title

Today would have been the perfect day to play hookie. It's cold and rainy. My B1 was warm and cute and curled up in bed and I have 2 new books sitting on my nightstand that could have been read while snuggling up next to him. Plus, my boss has not been here this week, so it's been slow.

Alas, I went to work...but TGIF!

I've been searching for a used flute that is less than $100. Unsuccessfully. I am amazed that people are asking for more than that-especially when the flutes they are selling are beginner flutes. I'm beginning to worry I won't be able to start playing again because I can't afford to get a new one. I'm still baffled by what could have happened to mine; I know I had it when I moved from CT to Boston...

I still have my piccolo. But that's far less pretty to listen to (our neighbor Joe would kill me!) and not as fun to play. I picked it up the other day and was happy to find that I remembered the keys and which notes they played. At least, I think I do. Now I just have to find the equipment and remember how to read music...I'm sure it will all come back to me. If I don't make it to this round of lessons I'll play myself and then go next time.

If I find a flute, that is.

One of my sisters is coming to visit next weekend with her daughter, Rye Bread. I'm very excited about it. Rye Bread is the only member of my family who has seen my current home. I've been feeling sort of crappy about the fact that my family doesn't seem to be able to make it up here, even when I ask them to. So the fact that my sister is coming is great-but what is even better is that SHE initiated the visit. Which is nice. Because I always go down there.

On some Friday's I treat myself to an everything bagel with cream cheese and a dark roast coffee from my favorite local coffee shop. Because I was running late and because it was rainy I decided that today was that kind of Friday. They know me know, and know that I order an everything bagel, not toasted, with cream cheese...and when I walk in, they automatically get it without me even asking. This makes me very happy. I love it when people remember me, especially b/c I always feel like I am not memorable. There's one girl there though, who gets my bagel, puts it in the bag and sends me on my way...without slicing the bagel. Who does that? I mean, I ordered it with cream cheese (on the side) so she knows I'm going to eat it in halves...so why would you not slice it? Doesn't she know a bagel, no matter how fresh, is hard to slice with plastic knives? No matter-it's still a yummy Friday treat.

I am trying to find a craft fair or flea market where I can sell my goods. So far I've found one but the date is bad and so I'm not doing it. I also have to think about cost-I don't have a lot of extra money right now b/c I'm paying off bills and in order to do this, I'd have to re-stock my entire box collection as well as buy huge amounts of flour, eggs and other ingredients...I want to get out there, but I don't want to lose too much money.

I also have been thinking that in between now and the time I'll own a cafe (someday?) I could maybe open a food truck. They're pretty expensive too, though...and I'm not entirely certain about how they work successfully. I'll think more on this.

I'm feeling a bit random. Can you tell?

5 comments:

"Lois Grebowski" said...

Have you tried a pawn shop for a flute?

Yep, today was a great hooky day. But tomorrow is going to be busy. Maybe on Sunday we can just laze about and be cattle.

Everything bagel w/cream cheese is the bomb. Especially if the bagel is really chewy!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Pawn shop as Lois suggested, or ebay even?

I do everything bagel toasted with smooth peanut butter...HEAVEN IN MY MOUTH

I also thought about a food truck...maybe some day

Travis Cody said...

I like a plain or an egg bagel...but then I'm a heathen west coaster like that.

Now a friend once told me that they didn't want a bagel sliced until they were actually ready to cream cheese it, because that way it would retain its chewy soft goodness.

I don't know...do you think she was pulling my leg?

Palm Springs Savant said...

Mags sometimes I ramble on and on and on and John just looks at me and says, "Are you done?".

So no need to apologize. Oh I sure could go with a nice toasted bagel with cream cheese and a slice of tomato.

LceeL said...

Mags - call me. Hit the "Call Me" button on my site. I need to talk to you - need to know where to send the Afghan.