Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Stairs

See these?

These are the 3 medications I have to take for the next week or so because yesterday I fell head first down the stairs leading to our apartment. Luckily, nothing is broken and I didn't hit my head but the bones in my back and neck have shifted and I've bruised the muscles in my back and butt. Needless to say, I'm very, very sore.

Lucky B1 was home and he immediately took good care of me, making sure I was OK, packing me with ice and calming me down. Later, he drove me to the doctor and then to the chiropractor. And of course, he showered me with lots of love and kisses. I'm reminded daily of how lucky I am, but when this happened, I was smacked in the face with how wonderful he really, really is. There was no question-he just came over and started taking care of me. The warmth I felt inside easily made the outside feel better.

That, and the pain meds and muscle relaxers....

7 comments:

"Lois Grebowski" said...

Ouch! Very very gentle hugs. I'm glad someone was there to help you immediately. Yes, you are lucky to have B1 around. Know what? You're one lucky gal!

Feel better soon.

flipper said...

did he make you drink Gatorade? lol

Mags said...

Thanks Lois!

LOL Flipper-No...but I'm surprised!

Melisa with one S said...

OMG!! EEK! I'm so glad you're okay, but can't imagine the pain. Yikes. Feel better soon!

Travis Cody said...

Yikes! Do watch your step and take care of yourself.

Rocketstar said...

Wow, you are lucky, with the fall and B1.

What caused the fall?

Mags said...

Rocket, I missed a step while locking the door to our apartment and slid down on my back...one flight.