Monday, January 17, 2011

Randomivity

I'm feeling really cooped up. With the exception of 1/2 day on Friday, I've been out of work and because I can't really DO anything without hurting my back again, I'm stuck just sitting around waiting. I've been reading a lot, but when it's the only thing you can do, it becomes less fun. There's nothing on TV. B1 has been kind of cooped up too, so when he is home, we kind of do our own thing. I guess I feel kind of lonely.

I've been searching for a new dresser for months. There was one that I wanted from IKEA but it's kind of expensive and I never seem to have the money for it. My current dresser is also from IKEA and it's falling apart. I hate it. So the other day I went to IKEA and bought a mid-level dresser. It's not the one I wanted, but I'll add some drawer pulls it will make it look nicer until I can get a big girl dresser. I had 2 nice IKEA workers help me in the store to get it into my car.

I got a new camera for Christmas and I love it. But it's big. And I find that it's hard to carry with me. I'm worried it will get damaged without its case so I want to find a "skin" of some sort to put over it so that I can carry it with me more often.

We went out on Saturday night to a local pub to listen to some music. It was fun, but by the end of the night, I was in pain from standing for too long. Still, it was good to get out of the house to do something fun, if only for a few hours.

I sometimes feel like I'm living in someone else's shadow. And it's not a good feeling. In fact, it kind of breaks my heart.

My friends Robin and Adam are coming to visit on Saturday. I'm pretty excited about that!

3 comments:

LceeL said...

I'm so sorry to hear your back is on the blink - and sorrier still to hear the depression in your post.

When Grannie comes home from the hospital, I'll ask her about an afghan, for you. So that when your back is acting up and you have to stay home, at least you'll have something to keep you back warm.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I have been absent and did not know of your fall...So sorry...hope you are feeling better each day...I blew my back out and was in bed for 4 days this year, and that was when Nancy was traveling...nice to have B1 there to help you

"Lois Grebowski" said...

Hugs, dear. I'm so sorry you're hurting. I hope your back is on the mend soon. I know it's put a monkey wrench in your plans.