Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Randomivity


Our cable is out. For no reason. And yet, the cable company thinks they can charge me to fix it. I told them that they could charge me, but they'll have to sue me for the money because I won't pay for them to fix something that I did not break.

I'm sick of cable companies bullying customers because they have little to no competition. I am looking into switching from Comcast because they stink like rotten eggs. And vomit.

B1 is going away today for the first time since we've lived together. This is the first time I'll be sleeping in the apartment alone. Now, I know that I spent years alone without anyone to sleep with and lived alone but...I'm used to him being there. I already miss his snuggles.

I hate that this translates into me being needy. I'm not really, I just love his snuggles and his warmth and his kisses.

I'm on day 3 of my dieting wagon. I have to admit, I've fallen off already! Not horribly, but while baking for my bake sale, I had to sample the brownies. I mean, who can resist gooey warm brownies? Not I, my friends, not I...

I raised $237 for my friend. She doesn't know yet. I don't think she expects it to be that much, and I'm really excited to give it to her. Except...she's going to cry and I don't know what to do when people cry!

We finally took our tree down last night. The living room looks HUGE now.

Joe, our downstairs neighbor, must think we're crazy. B1 brings things in through the windows (like the sofa!) and we throw things out of them too...like our big tree wrapped in a sheet. :)

Girls night on Friday! Hosting at our apartment...they all want B1 to be home, but he's opting to go out. I guess I don't blame him.

We're thinking of going on another small trip in March for our 1 year...any suggestions? It has to be relatively close to Boston OR really cheap to get to from here. (I wish Chicago was easier to get to!)

5 comments:

Danielle A. said...

1. When someone cries because of something good - you hug them tight, wipe their tears, and smile. :)

2. Brownies = awesome. One day of brownie eating does not a wagon fall make. :)

3. Stowe, VT is one of our favorite places. They have a TON of great B&B's, lots to do, a great wine & cheese shop, a cute downtown... love it there. :)

LceeL said...

Danielle is right. When someone cries - for ANY reason - HUGS work best.

And I, too, wish Chicago were easier to get to.

For purely selfish reasons. :)

"Lois Grebowski" said...

Cable companies and cell phone companies. Nuff said.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I love moving things in and out of windows...

Melisa with one S said...

How did you know I would suggest Chicago?? :)