Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Back 2 Life

I am back to work! I worried that we'd have a snow day today because even though they said we are only supposed to get "little to no accumulation" (How does that help me?) we seem to be getting much more. When I left we had at least an inch, and it's been snowing ever since...If we get sent home early I am working from home. I have too much to do!

My back is...better but still sore. This is probably due to the fact that last night B1 and I put together my new dresser and we also did laundry. I know I have to take it easy, but that is hard for me to do...I can't sit around for much longer. In fact, I have to start moving-I do NOT want to end up gaining weight back after I lost so much. And I will gain it back if I continue sitting around doing nothing. I won't go to the gym this week, but I WILL go next week no matter what. If I'm not feeling much better by then, I'll just go to walk on the treadmill for a bit to at least get moving. I have to continue on my weight loss journey. I can't go back up. I just can't...

I'm sort of antsy today-I have so much to do and this one person keeps asking me for things. What they are asking for is last minute stuff that should have been taken care of last week so it's kind of making me a little angry. Oh well...at least I'm not at home. :)

5 comments:

"Lois Grebowski" said...

The first day back after a long absence is hard. Especially when you're still not on your mark. Is there a way you can put off lst minute person so you can catch up? Hope so.

Keep feeling better and moving forward... you nwill get there...

HUGS...

"Lois Grebowski" said...

The first day back after a long absence is hard. Especially when you're still not on your mark. Is there a way you can put off lst minute person so you can catch up? Hope so.

Keep feeling better and moving forward... you nwill get there...

HUGS...

"Lois Grebowski" said...

oops, I stuttered...

Linda said...

Speaking from bad back experience, may I just suggest that you not overdo it too much? They say that getting up and going again is one of the best things that helps with back pain but it's so easy to move "just so" and knock it all out of whack again no matter how you hurt it to begin with.

I totally understand you not wanting to regain any of the hard-fought weight that you took off but just take it easy on yourself as much as possible - you sure don't want to relapse!

Oh, and may I go on the record as saying I completely and totally HATE this winter so far! Rumor has it we're getting another Nor'easter on Friday which is truly going to suck large Royal Canadian moose!

Travis Cody said...

Breathe. Don't overstress. You'll get back to your routine in no time.