I have several fun and exciting things planned including:
- Going out for tapas with my Mo
- Visiting the aquarium
- Meeting Melisa w/ 1 S
- Eating deep dish pizza while in Chicago...at the famous Lou Malnati's (Yes, we're getting the cheddar cubes!!)
- Sneaking past a hostess on the 95th floor to see the view
- Taking a photo in front of Wrigley Field (maybe w/ my RED Sox hat on?!)
- Other fun stuff TBD by Melisa
- Meeting another blogger, Lou & receiving the gift his Grannie made for me (stay tuned!)
- EATING CHICAGO DOGS!!! (Seriously, I've waited my whole life for this! LOL)
- Meeting a bunch of Chicagoians (how does Firefox not tell me that's misspelled?) for drinks and
- Going to a comedy show whose cast includes a very interesting and funny blogger who I've been (mostly) secretly stalking for a few years. (I'll explain how I found him when I get back-it involves his fiance. It's really less creepy than it sounds.) I'm very excited about getting to see Whirled News Tonight. And yes. I do feel a little creepy and stalkerific. But whatever. He's just funny so if he ever reads this, he can tell his friends that he's the reason people go to the show. :)
- Possibly more drinks with the same Chicagoians
- Italian beef sandwiches from Al's #1 Beef
And then...back home to Boston.
Which I still love. But I wish I had more time in Chicago. Because even though I've never been there, I already love it.
Even though it's supposed to feel like -4 tomorrow.
I decided not to bring my laptop with me on this trip. Mainly because it's such a short trip and I don't want to be pulled away from all of the fun. So come back to read some old posts or browse some recipes, but I won't be here until Sunday night. Chow for now!