Monday, December 06, 2010

Up on the Rooftop

This weekend B1 and I picked out and decorated our very first Christmas tree. We walked to the park a few blocks away and bought the tree then walked back and put it in the living room to settle overnight. Saturday we did errands and met back at the house to decorate and to watch Christmas movies.

It was, needless to say, awesome.

Here is our tree:

I think I mentioned to you all that I used to collect ornaments that had to do with the year that just passed. I threw most of them out (on purpose and by accident) so most of my ornaments are generic. This year I wanted to find a pool themed ornament for B1 and I since we met while playing pool. I found this:

I wrote the date on the back and had B1 write our names on the cues. *sigh* Even though it's a little hokey, I love it.

And here are our stockings, hung with care by B1. (I swear, I did stuff too!)

Of course, my little elf stocking holder from when I was little sits in our office. Maybe one day I'll have a mantle to put him on.

We also have garland on the railing leading upstairs and various other little decorations sprinkled throughout the apartment. It's very homey. :)

7 comments:

LceeL said...

I hope that you and B1 have many, many holiday seasons together - and that they're all as happy for the two of you as this one will be.

SilverNeurotic said...

I think we're waiting to decorate until my sis is home from college next week.

"Lois Grebowski" said...

I love it! And no, the ornament is NOT hokeu... it's totally cute!!!! Love it!

And Miles To Go... said...

beautiful!! Enjoy the Holidays together :)

Melisa with one S said...

Love it!! I hope you two enjoy the holidays immensely!

Linda said...

Awww, it looks so festive and homey! Good job to both of you!

I guess I'll have to do some decorating one of these days myself, huh?

Rocketstar said...

The holiday season is nice isn't it, happy holidays.