Monday, December 20, 2010

Thank God It's Monday

**Updated 6:27pm-Scroll down for pictures!**

My sisters & I

I'm wearing my new red glasses today. I've been here for 7 minutes and have gotten 4 compliments already. Sometimes being the weird one is funner than normal. :)

There are pictures to share from the weekend-but they're at home. I'll add them into the post later tonight...

Saturday afternoon B1 and I met my sister and her boyfriend at the hotel and chilled in the hot tub for a bit before getting ready for my father's fancy pants dinner. I love to swim so I jumped in the pool a couple of times, but for the most part, we stayed in the hot tub. So relaxing.

The hotel itself was really nice. It was new, so everything was clean and fresh. B1 and I got upgraded to a suite-which was nice but not really a suite. We loved the decor and the bed. The lamps on the side table were funky and cool and I wanted to steal them. But I didn't. Mainly because of the whole moral thing but also because they were too big to fit in my bag. :)

The party itself was fun. They always have an open bar so right there you know that even if it blows, it'll be a good time. And this is the first year I've ever had a date for this party, so it was extra fun for me. We had JUMBO shrimp-like really, really big. There were beef appetizers and fried ravioli and then my favorite-tuna tartar on a potato crisp with avocado cream. I'm totally making these. So. Good. I think I had like 7 of them. Which was good because our food came about 2 hours late.

That's not an exaggeration. They took our orders and then never gave us food. I learned the following day it was because no one was at their tables, but the staff should have asked someone to make an announcement to have them sit down. And, um...there was a DJ, so we had a microphone! In any case, the food came out and it was pretty good. I had a filet with mashed potatoes and spinach. Delicious. The only bad thing is that I was served my sisters boyfriends meat at first and he orders his more cooked than I do. I finally convinced him to switch with me about 1/2 way through the meal. So I got to taste how it should REALLY be.

Unfortunately both B1 and I were very sick all night on Saturday. We ended up waking up to alternate in the bathroom and then at 3am we were just awake. We stayed up until about 5am and then both drifted off until we had to get up for breakfast.

I didn't feel well for the rest of Sunday, really. I was tired and still had some stomach issues so thankfully my boyfriend is super sweet and he drove back to MA for us. I wanted to rest a bit because yesterday was "Christmas" with one side of his family.

Which, for me, was awesome because B1's grandfather sort of caught me alone and asked how B1 and I were doing. After I gushed about how wonderful he is and how much I love him he said, "Good. Because you fit in here pretty good." He then went on to say that he already considers me to be part of the family and that his wife does too....and then said, "Everyone does!". So that was nice.

We both did pretty well yesterday-we stayed alert and interacted with everyone and ate the good food. Toward the end of the day though, I was fading fast and I worried that I'd fall asleep! Again, B1 rocks and he drove us home. (Well, not quite-we had to pick up some tins for the cookies we're making tonight, but THEN he drove us home.)

And the weirdest thing was that when we finally did get home, I was hungry. And all I wanted was Chinese food. This is funny because B1 wants Chinese food all of the time. (Not really, just any time we get take out, that's what he wants!) And also because I was sick all day and kind of hung over. But that's how it goes with me-if I get a hangover, I usually need food. And that did seem to help because once I got that greasy yumminess called boneless sparerib I was good.

Today is our holiday luncheon with my boss. 2 hours away from our desks eating yummy food. Should be fun!




B1 and his boyfriend (my sisters boyfriend)


Us-Not quite drunk yet, I think


My B1 has drunk cheeks!! :)




We are definitely drunk in this picture. And also, I'm straptastic

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Swoon at Grandpa's comments! How nice is that?

Life is good. Enjoy living it. Merry, merry Christmas!

flipper said...

aw so happy for you xoxo
p.s. i laughed out loud when reading about the cookies because you had to pick up "some tin" which I read as sometin and thats funny

"Lois Grebowski" said...

Grandpa's comment, I think, will be the highlight of your year. I just think that's so awesome amd welcomed.

Rocketstar said...

Glad to hear it is still going gangbusters with B1, good for you and happy holidays!