Wednesday, December 15, 2010

House Full of Friends

I have been MIA lately. Sorry. I've been pretty busy.

Friday B1 and I hosted our first dinner party. It was, if I do say so myself, a great success. Our friends enjoyed our food and drinks and had fun laughing and talking the night away. B1 and I had so much fun too...it's so nice when both of us can relax and enjoy the drinks because we don't have to drive. :) We had beer, wine and my now famous ginger martinis. Yes, I self proclaimed them to be famous, but everyone who has them loves them and people talk about them from year to year. They're deadly. In a good way.

We had a cocktail hour and served bacon wrapped scallops, a cheese platter (with home made blue cheese crackers) and these:

They are little puff pastry cups (that I made) filled with mushrooms, garlic, wine, thyme and cream. Delicious! I've made them before and always get the same reaction-an empty platter. They're really easy to make too, which makes them a obvious winner.

We headed to the dining room and started dinner. The first course was shrimp bisque.

We served the soup and sat down and I heard my favorite sound ever. "Hmmmmm" and then silence. It was fantastic.

This, my friends, was the last picture of our dinner party. Why? Because I had a lot of ginger martinis. And wine. And I wasn't up to taking pictures. In fact, the whipped cream on the dessert was a little lopsided...but no one noticed because it was so delicious. :)

I love entertaining-but even more, I love entertaining with my B1 in our home. It's an amazing feeling to look across the room at the man you love knowing that he loves you just the same. And that the people visiting are visiting because of the two of us...together.

I've been having a really hard time lately and I can't really explain it. I've burst into tears for no reason, gotten upset over things that normally would not bother me and have felt like I'm not worthy of B1's love. I think it's partially hormonal, partially a wiring issue and partially stress. But Friday sort of kicked off a really warm, happy feeling again. I feel great and am so happy and excited for the rest of this Christmas season.

I've been busy shopping and wrapping...and driving B1 crazy because the big silver one is for him.

5 comments:

Megan (Best of Fates) said...

I definitely wish I was invited to your dinner parties - everything sounds so incredibly delicious!

And Miles To Go... said...

looks and sounds delicious--glad you had a great time!

"Lois Grebowski" said...

I love watching people enjoy my food. I get so excited when I hear that. It warms my heart.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Welcome back! I was about to send the mounties out to find you!

Enjoy yht love and let it flow over you

trininista said...

That puff pastry thing looks so damn sexy.