Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Toosdae ?'s

I've been plagued with bad dreams about B1 the last couple of days and it's really making me tired.  I know they are not real.  I know he loves me very much and that he's not going anywhere.  But they shake me.  I don't like feeling sad when I wake up.  I don't like "seeing" him with another woman or hearing him say the words, "I don't love you.".  It just makes me sad and I have to try to turn that off now.

It's harder than you'd think, for some reason...

That being said, we're picking up our first Christmas tree on Friday and we'll decorate it together on Saturday.  I'm really looking forward to sharing this holiday with him and waking up on Christmas morning with my cute boy...OK...that helped a bit.  (Also, someone across the building just told me that my laugh is contagious and that it brightens her day.  Wow.)  Now, here are a few questions for this week:

1.  If you celebrate Christmas, do you already have your tree?  If not, when do you think you'll get it?  (If you don't celebrate Christmas-do you decorate at all for the winter season?)

2.  When you find a lone sock in the laundry basket, what do you do with it?  (I hope at least one of you will tell me you use it as a puppet! :)

3.  Did you go shopping on "Black Friday"?


1.  Well, I gave my answer away up there, didn't I?  :)  We are getting our tree (our very first one!!) on Friday after work. 

2.  I usually put it in my sock drawer in hopes of finding the other one someday.  Most of the time they do get reunited, but other times they linger alone at the bottom for a while until I do a cleaning.  Then they get thrown out.

3.  I DID!  AND...I got most of my shopping done too.  Also all of the items I bought were half price-which means the people I bought for got more! :)

9 comments:

Danielle A. said...

1. We do already have our tree and pics of it can be seen on Steve's twitter account/Facebook page. Of course, at that point it wasn't done yet... now it's done.

P.S. - You & B1 should come over soon so you can see our tree/house. I'll email you about that.

2. I put it on the dresser until the other one turns up. If it stays there for more than 2 laundry cycles, I pitch it.

3. We did. We went to Home Depot, Lowe's, the mall (Target)... uh... mostly we were out buying/looking for Christmas decorations. We picked up our tree Saturday, but checked out trees on Friday.

SilverNeurotic said...

1. If you celebrate Christmas, do you already have your tree? If not, when do you think you'll get it? (If you don't celebrate Christmas-do you decorate at all for the winter season?)

We have a fake tree, so we already have it but it's not set up or decorated. No clue when we'll do that.

2. When you find a lone sock in the laundry basket, what do you do with it? (I hope at least one of you will tell me you use it as a puppet! :)

I usually don't match up socks when I'm folding laundry so I don't notice. They all get dumped in my sock drawer.

3. Did you go shopping on "Black Friday"?

Nope, I prefer to sleep. Besides, I had to work in the morning. I was going to shop on Cyber Monday but didn't get around to it.

G.W. said...

Hooray for Toosdaes!

1. I got my tree last Wednesday, and we decorated it on Thursday after the turkey dinner. We make it into a Santa Tree with a hat, belt, and tree skirt that looks like Santa pants.

2. I usually leave the single socks on top of the dryer or loose in my drawer. That reminds me, I need to sort out my sock drawer. I have made a sock puppet out of one of my son's single socks.

3. I did not go shopping on Black Friday, I did however work my part time job where someone went in earlier in the day with a knife and stole some merchandise.

"Lois Grebowski" said...

1. not doing a tree this year... too much stuff around from the move.

2. I leave single socks in the drawer and then every couple of months, I re-sort and try to make pairs. Where do they really go?

3. I took my brother to get a craft kit. That's it.

And Miles To Go... said...

1. tree is going up today!

2. I have a "lone sock basket" that I throw it into and every once in awhile go back and resort and look for matches.

3. Nope, nope and nope.

Have a great one!

LceeL said...

1. the (fake) tree is going up this weekend.

2. I don't 'DO' socks - I have enough trouble finding them to put them in the laundry - but LM usually ties one sock around the rest of the 'loners' and they go in a drawer until the house spits out the mate.

3. No. We stayed in bed and cuddled.

flipper said...

1) We havent got our tree yet but I am so excited to for two reasons: 1- its our first tree together too and 2- I havent had a REAL TREE since I was little
2)I usually keep them, I also usually wear mis-matched socks because of this lol
3)No. I should of though. What did you get me? :)

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

1) No tree this year...we just got home from the cruise and leave for FL to my parents on the 22nd... silly to buy a tree I think

2) Into the sock drawer, because all my socks (white and black) are gold toe, so I always have a spare when one gets a hole

3) nope...was cruising around Cozumel that day

Desert Songbird said...

1. No tree up this year. I think I'm in denial that Christmas is only 24 days away.

2. I put it in the sock drawer; the other one usually finds its way home. ;)

3. NEVER do. NEVER WILL. Ugh. Unless it's online, and usually I'm too lazy to do that. Many times, we take the kids to the movies on this day.