OK-I know I've been a very bad bloggy friend not clicking over to comment (again). I am, as always, very sorry about that...hopefully I'll be able to sit still long enough to start reading and relaxing at night again and that will up my comments...in any case, why not up YOUR comments and answer this weeks questions. :)
1. If you had to throw a dinner party this weekend, what would you serve?
2. You arrive at a dinner party and there are place cards indicating where you should sit. Does this annoy you or make you feel relieved that the guess work is done?
3. What is your favorite holiday cocktail? (Or non-alcoholic drink if you don't drink.)
1. Well...B1 and I are having our very first dinner party together (squee!) in a couple of weeks and we are serving: Mushroom Bouchees, Bacon wrapped scallops (per B1's request) and a cheese platter (with marinated feta skewers too, I think). Then we're serving my delicious squash soup, ossobucco over roasted garlic mashed potatoes (instead of the traditional risotto) and perhaps a green veg of some sort-maybe asparagus. For dessert I'm making my flourless chocolate cake with raspberry coulis and ginger whipped cream.
2. I've never been to a dinner party (other than a wedding) that had place cards but I suppose if they were there, I'd be OK with it. I'm trying to figure out if we should make some. It might be a fun project.
3. My ginger martini! Did I mention that the ginger vodka is steeping now? Last year it was a huge hit so I'm making it again for our "cocktail hour" before dinner...but I need to think of one more drink to add in addition to wine. Hence, the question. :)