Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Randomivity

Overheard at TJ Maxx the other day:  "I don't like small balls.  Big balls are the way to go.  I hate small balls."

She was talking about earrings.  I let out a guffaw and walked away.

There is always a name.  With everyone of them, there is always a name.

I cut 6 inches off of my hair last weekend.  If most people noticed, they haven't said anything-maybe they hate it!  (B1 noticed right away!)

I really, really hate when someone who thinks they know it all tells me to do something so obvious like, "Check in her desk."  Really?!  Thank you oh all knowing buttinski!  (I really have no idea how the world revolved before you were born!)

I am sorry if you like them, but brown diamonds are disgusting.  Doesn't it seem like the jewelry industry somehow pulled a fast one on us by trying to sell them?  They're just really, really dirty diamonds.

I might have to write a song called "Dirty Diamonds".

We have tomorrow off for Veteran's Day.  I'm very happy about this but it's weird to have a Thursday off.

This weekend is the great Philly cheese steak taste off trip with my B1, my littlest sister and her boyfriend.  We're driving to Philly on Saturday morning, comparing 2 cheese steak locations and driving home.  (Oh-and running up the Rocky steps, apparently!)  I can't wait. :)

Hard habits are hard to break.  I apparently still don't believe I'm worth loving.  Even though when I'm in a normal state of mind, I know this is untrue, when I'm having a rough day it sneaks back in.  I need to find a way to squash those thoughts.  Because I'm good enough, smart enough and doggone it-people like me!

I forget that people don't always know who "B1" is.  All of the important people do though...it's still fun to re-tell the story. :)

Yellow is a wonderful color for a dining room.  And I can't wait for ours to be all put together..it'll be done by Monday WITH a new-to-us China cabinet!!!!

6 comments:

Mrs. OrioleGal9 said...

If you have time...visit the Reading Terminal Market...I know you would love it!!!

SilverNeurotic said...

Let me guess, Geno and Pat's? Have fun!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I think Dirty Diamons is a great band name...

Geno's and Pat's...not to sway you, but Geno's is the real deal

And Miles To Go... said...

Are those the diamonds that they are trying to market as "chocolate" diamonds? My husband said the same thing about that being a marketing ploy.

I have to second the Reading Terminal Market Corner of Market and 11th street, I believe). It's the best food--I grew up in Philly.

Linda said...

Well, at least the cheesesteak places are right across the street from each other if you're going to the ones that I think you are. And yes, Geno's IS the best just like Vinny said!

I haven't been to Philly in quite awhile though I used to go quite frequently when I was stationed in New Jersey as it was quite close. Never got up those "Rocky" steps though!

"Lois Grebowski" said...

Brown diamonds are simply inferior... just marketing fluff...

I love the new do!