Thursday, November 04, 2010

Clearning My Head

I've been having a bad mental week this week. Sometimes it's harder to push the demons back if you know what I mean...

Yesterday was such a beautiful day and I needed to clear my head so I took a walk around campus. I thought about how much easier it is for me to do this now that I'm 40 pounds lighter. I thought about the blue skies and the smell of the autumn air. I thought about the kids on the campus who are learning about themselves and how they'll hopefully make our world a better place.

I took pictures of elephants...

and of the pretty building where God lives on campus...


And then I sat on the roof of the library and looked at the city I love and thought about how lucky I am to be here.

It was a good break. I'm still in a place, but I know it's not 100% my reality now. And hopefully these demons will slowly leave me forever...

3 comments:

And Miles To Go... said...

honest and thoughtful post :)

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Great words here today Mags...we all have those places we try to stay away from, but still visit from time to time...Lovely pictures

"Lois Grebowski" said...

I hate those demon days. They are so discouraging. But I'm learning ways to keep them at bay or keep them from coming so often.

You have a beautiful workplace, my dear... great for clearing the head.

hugs!