Monday, November 22, 2010

The 6th Anniversary of Me

First, second, third, fourth, fifth and today...

It won't surprise you to hear me say that this year has been one of my favorite years ever. This year I met a man who defines what a man should be. He is kind, he is caring and compassionate and he is supportive. He loves me and all of my little quirks and often proclaims how much he loves my laugh. He doesn't call me names, even when we are frustrated with each other and he would never intentionally hurt me-in any way.

We live in a city I love and we actively go out an do things. We participate in life and embrace it. We have fun together. We share things. We are.


My family loves him and he loves them. From the very first time he met them, he fit in. He suggests spending time with them and doesn't bat one beautiful eyelash when I ask him if we can go visit. And when I suggest that he does not have to come with me, he almost laughs; of course he is going to come with me. We're an "us".


Though today is not about my relationship with B1 directly, it also kind of is. Six years ago I took my life back and said "fuck you" to the life I was forced to live. I believed in myself enough to walk away from everything I owned in order to save my own life. I didn't know how long I would be away or if it would even work-but I tried and I succeeded and because of that, I am here. And because I am here, I found the love I deserve and share it with a man who is so completely different from Jamie in every way it's breathtaking.

Tonight B1 is making me dinner. I won't have to worry about whether or not he poisoned it or worry about whether or not he'll pretend he poisoned it so that I worry while eating it. I don't have to worry about coming home to a mental breakdown, a messy house and an angry boyfriend who will take it out on me. I don't have to worry about anything, really, other than whether or not we'll be in each others way when he makes the sauce and I make the meatballs.

And really, if you're going to have a problem, bumping into a hot man in the kitchen is the kind of problem to have...

I am so grateful today. For everything.

5 comments:

"Lois Grebowski" said...

Happy re-birthday to you! While I've never experienced what you went through, I'm proud of you for standing up for yourself and walking away. I know it was tough, but it was worth it!

I'm so happy you found love... true wonderful love... Delightful love... playful love... peaceful love... and hopefully forever love.

Hugs, my wonderful friend.

flipper said...

Im just about in tears, I love you and you of all people deserve to live a happy love filled life today and for forever

Amazing Gracie said...

I love what Lois wrote - I think she kind of summed it up.
~~~Blessings~~~

Melisa with one S said...

Yay you! I'm so happy you've found your bliss!

Travis Cody said...

Happy re-Birthday!