Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Randomivity


Sitting on a hill in an orchard eating fresh apple cider donuts and swigging apple cider from the jug on a perfect New England fall day is pretty much as close to heaven on earth as I can get.

Seeing someone from college is kind of fun unless you can't remember her name and therefore you don't say hello.

Recording a song with your dad is pretty darned cool. Listening to it back isn't so fun.

Shopping with four other people is really hard for me. I don't often shop with others because I like to go straight to the store, try on clothes and leave.

My belly has been funky lately. I'm not sure why.

I'm have an internal struggle at work almost daily. One of my friends is hard for me to work with because they tend to be a know it all and they often interfere with my job. I want to be known for doing my job extremely well and I feel like I can't do that when this person is around. Sadly, they were just promoted and will not also support my dean.

I want to stay, but I'm not sure if I can.

I ask a lot of questions. I guess it's my way of connecting on a regular basis. I can see how this might be annoying and am going to try to scale it down a little.

It's good to know that a friend of mine (and probably yours) who has a strong marriage does the same thing to her husband. And she says he reacts the same way. I guess it's just the difference between men and women.

It's good to know because yesterday I felt really needy and felt like maybe I was too overbearing. I just want to be included. *shrug*

We leave for CT at 9am Friday morning-I go right to nails, then to the rehearsal and then to the dinner...Saturday we get our hair done, get pictures taken and then we head to New Haven for the wedding. I'm tired just thinking about it!

Our heat works. I was secretly worried that it wouldn't.

I made really yummy apple cider cupcakes the other day. I'll post the recipe soon.

4 comments:

And Miles To Go... said...

mmm, those donuts sound heavenly! Have a wonderful trip. And stay.

LceeL said...

Yeah. Donuts. And some really good coffee. (Black. No sugar. Just naturally smooth and mello.) Dunked. Taken whole into one's mouth. Allowed to stay long enough for the aromatics to swirl through one's head.

Yum.

"Lois Grebowski" said...

Donuts? you said Donuts?

I'm the same way about asking lots of questions and shopping. I've become a stealth shopper. There are only a few places I take the time to "browse"

Travis Cody said...

Don't let a co-worker drive you from a job you enjoy. If both you and your dean recognize your value, then you have value and the other person will trip up sooner or later.