Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Choose Our Course(s)

A few weeks ago I decided that once a month I would cook a "nice" dinner for B1 and I. The plan is to pull recipes from some of my cookbooks-preferably things I have not made before. And, because I'm a geeky blogger, I thought "Why not let my readers decide what I make each month?" (For the record, B1's not thrilled about the idea!) So, here is our first poll...choose what we will eat for our fancy dinner this month.

First...



Next...



Last...




Thanks! Now-if you have a favorite wine, beer or beverage that you love, please leave me a comment with the name and why you love it.

5 comments:

flipper said...

october fest or cheery wheat beer = fall

Mrs. OrioleGal9 said...

Sounds awesome!

Wine - I'm a big fan of La Crema Chardonnay...love the butteriness (I know that is not a word, but you get the idea)

Now with a chocolate dessert...nothing beats Banfi's Rosa Regale!

LceeL said...

Pre-Dinner - a nice Brut Rose.

Post-Dinner - A shot of Ron Zacapa Centenario, neat, sipped and savored slowly.

"Lois Grebowski" said...

Oh my I just want to join y'all for dinner...

i voted for bacon. It's all about the bacon...

:-D)

jo said...

For reds I like big fruity wines.
Menage e trois - california
Layer Cake - They are ALL good
http://www.layercakewine.com/

I'm less of a white fan, but since I skewed your menu choices towards seafood I am a big fan of Marsanne wines. Also a big fan of anything made by South African winery Mulderbosch http://www.mulderbosch.co.za/

Whatever dinner is I am sure it will be great!