Friday, September 24, 2010

Aaaaa CHOO!

I have a cold. :( Yesterday I started feeling it when I woke up and by the end of the day, I had it. I've been pounding Zicam like mad, drinking tea and fluids and trying to rest as much as possible (I went home for a nap yesterday during lunch...ah the perks of living up the street!) The only thing I haven't done yet is drink Gatorade...which, you know, B1 suggested.

I have to get better by tomorrow afternoon. We have a birthday party to go to during the day and then we start our big date weekend. Sunday will be our 6 month "anniversary" and to celebrate we're going out to a fancy dinner down town (B1 is even wearing a tie!). Not only have I wanted to try this place since moving to Boston, I want to be alert and feeling well so I can share it with my love.

And then...

Sunday we are going to the Big E. It's B1's first time and I'm SO excited to show him. It's a huge state fair. I usually go every other year because it's a lot-a lot of food, a lot of vendors, a lot of people...a lot of money...normally this would be an off year (I went twice last year) but there is no way that B1 could miss this. (I'm still baffled that people in the Boston area sometimes don't even KNOW what I'm talking about!)

So, yeah...I'm sick. And I can't be. So I'm rallying.

Does anyone have any special tricks they use to get rid of a cold? :)

7 comments:

Danielle A. said...

People in the Boston area have no idea what you're talking about because we all go to the Topsfield Fair out here. It's a little smaller, closer, and I've heard the food is tastier. :-)

And Miles To Go... said...

have fun at the fair--I first heard of this from Linda (AWTY?) and saw pictures of it. Hope you get better soon!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Rest and feel better and have a fantastically wonderful weekend

Daily Panic said...

everyone always says this but mega dose on vitamin c (like 6 twice a day and vitamin D (two) - cant swallow those dry vitamin c pills?? take each one with a spoonfull of applesauce. I've taken vitamin c on a regular basis for the past year and no more seasonal allergies for me- everyone around me is miserable, but I am not even affected. Hope you feel better soon!!

Linda said...

I know this is Tuesday and you wrote this on Friday but I wanted to say that I hope you're feeling better at long last. Did you make it to the Big E??

Desert Songbird said...

Hope you made it out and that your cold has subsided. For colds, I usually stock up on Vitamin C, drink lots of fluids, and use my nasal rinse. That's about all I can do, given my condition.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

OK, are you still sick?

Did you elope?

Did midgets kidnap you?

Pondering these things...