Thursday, September 02, 2010

9/2/10: Creative Title, I Know...

Still no internet or cable at home. I have no idea what could have happened. It worked when we went to bed one night and the next day...nothing! I picked up a modem from the cable company so that we'd at least have internet until tomorrow when they come, but that doesn't work either. Which means there's a problem outside the house. It's rather funny to realize just how much internet I use while at home. It's not nearly as much as when I lived alone (B1 shares my laptop so my time is cut by that-and also, why would I have my face in a computer when I can have my face touching his?!?) So, anyway...that is why I haven't been around to read (even in reader) lately.

I meant to bring my camera to work so that I could show you the damage the punks in my neighborhood (I should probably refer to it as "the 'hood" now, huh?) did to my car. Of course I forgot it at home though....

For those of you with GPS-I highly recommend taking the arm off of your window every night. This, I believe, is why they broke into my car. Luckily I keep my GPS in my pocketbook so they didn't get it. But the damage is done...and they stole the arm! Bastards!

I've been doing pretty good on my diet. This is week 2 and my scale at home shows a loss again. Of course it's their scale that gives me the number I report, but I weigh myself in the morning before I eat and I think that's more accurate. In any case, I'm doing really well and I'm happy with my progress. I wanted to lose 10 pounds by the time I had to have my dress altered (for a total of 40 pounds lost at the start of this whole thing). But I'm not sure I'll make that. I have to get my dress altered in the next couple of weeks. I'm still aiming for that goal though-losing 4.2 pounds last week sort of fueled my fire even more.

My new gym is pretty awesome. It's one of those "economy" gyms where you pay $10 each month. I don't usually expect these gyms to be super nice and they don't have classes and such, but the equipment is usually newer and in good condition and the people there are usually fairly nice. But this gym-this gym is super nice. It's all of the same stuff but laid out differently. And it's in an office building and the locker room is sort of fancy-ish. AND there's a salon connected to it. It just feels more expensive than a $10 gym-and certainly more expensive than the one (owned by the same company) near my old place. Basically what I'm trying to say is, I love my gym.

Last night I had a particularly good work out. I opted to go home first to eat dinner and then go to the gym. This is always a dangerous thing to do because, well, who wants to go back out after dinner? Especially to sweat and work hard? Usually, not me. Luckily I set my mind to it and got it done. AND it rocked. I was really proud of myself when I left.

The only annoying part of last night was 2 girls standing next to me at the elliptical. First, they were perfect. And they knew it. And you could tell by their attitudes that they've never in their lives had to worry about extra tonnage (as my Papa would say). They're the girls who go to the gym because it's cool, not because they want to sweat their asses off (literally). They were dressed up in cute gym attire (while my pants were falling off of me and my shirt was 3 sizes too big), were decked out in full jewelry (complete with huge hoop earings) and makeup. And they were wearing freshly squirted perfume.

Really?

I wear perfume every day. I fully understand that for some people it makes you feel pretty and that you just really like to smell good. But I apply it in the morning. Once squirt. That's it. I do not reapply when I go out (unless I'm going to dinner or something and I've showered and stuff) and definitely don't do so when I go to the gym. So annoying. I wanted to karate kick them off of their machines. And they were LOUD! I had my iPod turned all the way up and I could still hear their annoying voices. This helped me work ever harder though-because I thought about how it'll be when I am hot and how I'll still be nice because I know what it's like to have to work for something.

Luckily, they only stayed there for about 15 minutes. Wimps. (B1 used a better word, but I won't use it here so as not to offend anyone!!)

8 comments:

G.W. said...

Doesn't the cable company know that you are a blogging superstar and your legions of fans need you to have internet access?

I think people that break into cars are some of the most cowardly people.

I used to go to a gym I won't name, but let's just say it never WOW'd me. It was always dirty, the clientele was rude, their trainers would walk around with large Dunkin Donut iced coffees , and walking into and out of it was like walking the gauntlet. One one side was McDonalds, the other was a Chinese food restaurant, across the street was a DD, Pizza Hut, and another Chinese food restaurant. The gym company has other locations, and some are better than the one I went to, but I think anywhere has the faux-fitness people that like to play dress up and say they went to "work out".

But I agree with you, the last thing I want to be inhaling as I'm gasping for breath is someones stank perfume.

Good for you for going!!!!

Danielle A. said...

Our gym has a "Gym Channel" of sorts and one of the things that are on there are random etiquette tips. Today while I was on the treadmill, there was one that expressly said not to wear perfume or cologne. It's so true - people don't realize that sweat/body temp increase the level of the smell!! Gross.

And Miles To Go... said...

We had the same problem with our internet, and we called the cable company (we have cable DSL) and the guy found that SQUIRRELS had chewed through the wires at the pole.

"Lois Grebowski" said...

Hope you get your internet fixed soon. I left my modem at the RV. using a hijacked signal...

Good reminder about the Nav arm... makes sense...

Desert Songbird said...

Heh. I can guess what word he used to described those gym rats. ;)

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

We miss you and hope your internet is fixed soon

Jewelry in the gym...poof...they should be gone

Marilyn said...

I think 'when you're hot' has already arrived... just sayin

LceeL said...

What??? You mean B1 is willing to call a Tart a Tart?