Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Toosdae ?'s


1. What are you grateful for today?

2. Have you ever run away from home? If so, for how long? Do you remember why you left?

3. If you could only visit one section of a bookstore for the rest of your life, which section would you choose?

My answers...

1. I am grateful for many, many things...for B1, for my job, my family and friends...and for cheese.

2. Yes, I have. In the traditional "I hate you so I'm running away" sense and the less obvious "I'm moving across the country for an adventure" sense. The traditional running away only lasted a couple of hours at most and I came back because I was little and tired and hungry and I most likely missed playing my flute. Yes...I was a dork. The other way took me 5 years to come home and well, I've lived in Boston now for almost 3 years. I'm not sure I'll go back "home" again...this place feels pretty good.

3. This is a tough one. Is there a section that is dedicated to books written in the voice of children? Because if there was, that's the one I would want to stay in. But because I know that sounds creepy and also because that section doesn't exist, I'd have to choose fiction...lots of places to go in those books!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

1. Caffeine. And my little family... they're always happy to see me when I get home, even when they have no real reason to be.

2. Nope. The worst I ever did was take a walk around the block because I thought my mom was taking too long to fill up the pool so I could play.

3. Sci-fi/Fantasy. No question. :)

"Lois Grebowski" said...

1. Literally today I'm thankful that hubby has two interviews (today) after yesterday's let-down...

2. I've made many a threat to leave, but they weren't that lucky... LOL!!

3. Fiction. Lots of books. Second choice would be the magazine section.

And Miles To Go... said...

I am ever so grateful for cheese too. Have a pleasant Tuesday, Mags.

Clancypants said...

1- Grateful for my husband and kids. Even when they are being stinky. Extra grateful for my little Brynja and her ever-present smile for me. She's a light in my life. Grateful for air conditioning and new shocks/struts in my car. Grateful for my mom and dad and my really cool siblings. Grateful for water.

2- Not really... just the little kid kind where I ran up the street and sat there for a while, or something. Can't really remember. Never anything serious.

3- Probably fiction or self-help/self-awareness type.

G.W. said...

1. Today I'm greatful for the usual stuff. I woke up, I have a wonderful wife, a fantastic almost 3 year old, and one about 21 weeks away from being born. Aside from that, everything is cheese.

2. I "ran away" twice. Once to my aunts house next door, and another time when I was 17 I left and stayed at my girlfriends house after an argument with my parents.

3. I think I would want to stay in the fiction section just because there are so many subcatergories.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

1) My angel and the fact that she will be home in 3 days now after being away for so long

2) nopers

3) Mystery or Music