Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Toosdae ?'s

Happy Toosdae! 

1.  If you were given the choice for breakfast between any pastry in the world what would you choose?  How often do you eat that type of pastry now?

2.  Assuming you are shopping for food for the week: What section of the grocery store do you start in?

3.  In passing, people often say, "Hi, how are you?"  Do you reply with your answer or do you simply say hi back?  Do you reciprocate the question?


My answers:
1.  I really enjoy a good cheese danish or better yet-a cheese crumb cake.  I don't eat either very often at all because they are deadly, but if I had a choice of what to pick, I'd pick that.

2.  I almost always shop in the produce section first, even if it's not the immediate section you enter into.  I probably do this because most stores have you enter there and it became habit but now I write my shopping lists with produce on top...yes, I organize my lists based on isles.

3.  I usually answer back by saying, "Good thanks, and you?"  or "Good thanks, how are you?"  It's very rare I give my real answer ("I'm actually pretty tired today and am feeling a little blue." because I realize that the people asking really don't care-they are just being polite.

6 comments:

Marilyn said...

1. I like those cream cheesy struedelly thingums... I almost never get to eat one.

2. I start in produce... even when I'm not buying any. It's just a habit and I make my grocery lists in order from produce to dairy, the way the store is organized... when I have time.

3. I say "Good. You?" generally even if I'm obviously about to have a nervous breakdown, I give the same answer.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

1. I agree with your answer totally

2. I go around from the left, so in most stores that is produce

3. Depends upon who asked. Someone I know well might get a real answer. Otherwise it is "Good, and yourself?"

G.W. said...

1. Definitely a cheese danish type thing. OOOh, now I want one because it has been years since my last one.

2. I always start in produce, then make my way towards the other end being frozen foods. Just because it makes sense to me to not start with the frozen stuff.

3. I usually say, "not bad, how are you" or "can't complain, how about you". Or, if I'm feeling really sarcastic I'll blurt out "fantastic, or "couldn't be better" I always ask how the other person is doing.

B1 said...

1. apple turnovers!


2. I know from experience working in markets that they're laid out to show fresh produce and baked goods first- very inviting, and make you hungry. I usually go in and start at whichever end is closet- these days I shop with a list though ;)

2.5 I'm happy to NOT be shopping for one.

3. Depends on where I am. Soemtimes it's the "good and you?" Sometimes its a real conversation.

"Lois Grebowski" said...

1. Croissant... with orange marmalade and plugra butter (you said any! LOL!). I haven't had that in a looooong time.

2. I start in produce. That is the big determinant of what I get. Often I'll have something on my list and the produce to go with it isn't too hot, so I can improvise with the rest of my list.

3. I usually say "Hi" back. I'm not quick enough to reciprocate. if I think fast enough I can squeeze it in.

Have a wonderful day, my friend!

Lisa Ceaser said...

1. If you were given the choice for breakfast between any pastry in the world what would you choose? How often do you eat that type of pastry now?

I don't have very much pastry experience. I would probably just opt for my run of the mill favorite. Bagel with cream cheese.

2. Assuming you are shopping for food for the week: What section of the grocery store do you start in?

Produce. Its always the first section in the store.

3. In passing, people often say, "Hi, how are you?" Do you reply with your answer or do you simply say hi back? Do you reciprocate the question?

I say good, thanks. You?