Friday, August 27, 2010

Swimming

B1 discovered a hole in my favorite sweater this morning. Nothing more on that, just makes me wish it weren't there. Though-when I wear my hair down, it's hard to see...

I have lots of things going on in my head today. Lots of projects and ideas going on up there. This weekend we're finally painting the entrance and hallway wall as well as the office. That will leave very little painting left to be done! Just adding those two small spaces to the done list will make me breathe a little easier. We chose:




The larger swatch is called "Baritone" and it's a deep purple. It'll be an accent wall between the kitchen and the office. We actually decided to do a 2nd wall that color too, just because of the layout of the space. The office is going to be that tan color. I really wanted it to be a darker brown, but the office is very small and it just wouldn't look right, so instead I'll use the accents that I already had in the old place (brown curtains, etc). I'm really excited about it.

I also have to paint a piece of furniture I bought for the bathroom. I primed it a few weeks ago but never got around to painting it. Part of the reason is because I didn't know what I wanted to do. I think I've decided that it'll be some shade of purple to go with our shower curtain. Lately I'm into funky furniture that no one else would have. I don't know why but hopefully this will come out great.

I'm also making my sisters wedding veil. It's coming along a lot more slowly than I thought it would. Beading the veil by hand is proving to be very difficult. I hope she likes it. I'm going to need a whole bunch more beads too...

Tomorrow after painting B1 and I are going on a date. We're not sure what we want to do yet or where we want to go, but B1 suggested we "go north". I don't know what that means, but truthfully, I'd go anywhere with that man, so I'm good with wherever we land.

Sunday is supposed to be really nice here. I'm going to go to the beach. I have to squeeze in as much beach time as I can until the weather starts turning gloriously fall-like (omgicantwait!). Sunday seems like a good time to do that.

So overall, my head is full of fun stuff and I'm really looking forward to getting it all done. I have the apartment to myself tonight as B1 is sleeping on his boat. I'm going to dinner with a good friend of mine and then perhaps I'll go home to work on the cabinet. Or the veil. Or maybe I'll just stay out and have some more drinks and not worry about any of it!

Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Loving all the fun you are having in your life..

Palm Springs Savant said...

Sometimes I have to make a list to organize my thoughts, particularly on a weekend! good luck with the painting...show us before and after pic, Mags

Travis Cody said...

These things all seem so wonderfully domestic. Have fun!