Thursday, August 12, 2010

Randomivity

I'm kinda bad at blogging now. I guess that's what happens when I have a magically delicious life.

The apartment progress continues to be slow. I'm mostly OK with this but every now and then I get a burst of frustration about the messiness and the lack of paint/window treatments and I freak out a little. Not one room in the house is completely done. This has to change soon.

Most of B1's things are now in. Today I walked into our bedroom after taking a shower and smiled. 2 dressers, 2 night stands...and weirdly enough, 2 mattresses.

Yeah. We have 2 mattresses. And we're not afraid to use them. (JK-the 2nd one is his old bed that we're keeping for guests. We just haven't figured out where to store it yet.)

Going to the beach with lifeguards patrolling for sharks on jet ski's is quite a weird experience. Combining that with an open incision and murky water was enough to stop me at my knees. (That, and the fact that we OD'd on shark week!)

I'm baking again. If you know where my Etsy site is and you're in the market for some baked goods, head on over!

Sometimes you just have to suck it up and deal with a skanky hoe.

I am singing at my sister's wedding in October and my father is playing the guitar. My sister chose "The Rose". I haven't sang in public for a very long time so I'm a little nervous. I also have bad asthma now and am worried that it'll affect it.

Work is really busy now. I actually WORKED the entire week last week and up until today. It's nice to have things to do.

5 comments:

"Lois Grebowski" said...

You learn something new every day. I didn't know that you sing. How wonderful!

And Miles To Go... said...

wow, you sing too? Amazing! If you place two mattresses side by side, it's makes one really big one!

Lisa Ceaser said...

Your sister picked a great song. I forgot you were searching for music. Things have been so hectic this summer I'm losing track of everyone and everything.

Your weekend plans sounds divine. I love camping! Miss it sooooo much. Hope you take a camera?! I love pictures, you know. haha.

Travis Cody said...

Sharks on jet skis! Isn't it bad enough they can swim faster than we can...they have to hi-jack jet skis now???

Desert Songbird said...

I sing with a few people who have asthma, and as you know, I have my own health issues.

Just be sure to stagger your breathing, and you'll be fine.